Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sandusky Ohio Barge Party   (WTF) >

Sandusky Ohio Barge Party (WTF)

Notices

Sandusky Ohio Barge Party (WTF)

Old 07-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's face it, When you own a boat your a target no matter what you are doing. When your putting your performance boat in the water at the local boat ramp you are being put in a possible bad position. If the cooler does'nt get you or the loud exhaust, The speeds over 50 will. We have dollar signs on our heads and a bulls eye on our ass. Just thinking about this makes me pissed. They want you to work your ass off at your job and sit at home and figure out your taxes. No Boats for you!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 479 Likes on 219 Posts

I agree. The article explains the frustrations you posted earlier. The LEO is reaching pretty far past ensuring boaters safety.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
I agree. The article explains the frustrations you posted earlier. The LEO is reaching pretty far past ensuring boaters safety.
not worth someone seeing this and targeting me even more...

Last edited by wlwaldock; 07-06-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

I go to every one of these, I wonder how long it will last...??? then no more...

I drank for the first couple hours, spent the rest of the day into evening drinking water and gatorade, I don't need the extra problems, especially since we got pulled over the night before at 1am going back to KI after being at a friends in Sandusky, We have a SOBER SKIPPER friend that dont drink so we always have him run one of ours or his boats so we don't have issues, in the old days I would run hiome a ton at night when I should not have, not anymore... not worth it..

They are cracking down on safety tris year pretty good, we have had too many accidents in the last couple years around our islands...
Old 07-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 479 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by wlwaldock
What I think is funny is that in 20+ years of boating on Lake Erie I think I have been pulled over 2-3 times in all the other boats we have and jet skis ect and understand I used to spend a LOT of time on the water. In the last two years with the Cigarette I bet I have been boarded 10 plus times...
Wow. I personally have no first hand experience or have had any interaction with LEO on Lake Erie, yet. I know my time is coming....

I have also heard from multiple sources that the boardings and intimidation are on the rise in the Sandusky and Islands area. This is a shame as it's such a great place to boat, relax, and spend weekends enjoying.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Frickstyle.... have I met you?? I am at KI every weekend....

440 476 4114 if you wanna meet up
Old 07-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

It's not just happening in your neck of the woods,its the whole Midwest! its the government doing it one way or the other,,all new laws taking effect and they are trying to tie our hands on whatever we do and im getting sick of it..i go to WI a few weeks ago and get pulled over for doing 1 mph over the speed limit,i asked why he was pulling me over and was told because your from Illinois..(easy target to get money out of because Wis is broke also)i fought with the cop and got him frustrated because the max speed on my gps was way lower then his radar gun was and showed that i never went over the speed he claimed i was going..so he threw his hands in the air and went to get my licence from his car to give back to me..

what ever happened to protect and serve??? they are all a bunch of extortionist scamming up out of what they can get for revenue...its only going to get worse unless we have a revolution so who is in???/ lol
Old 07-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We hire these "authority's" pay them millions awesome benefits to do busy work. Fire them pay real Cops,Firemen and EMTS BETTER
Old 07-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wlwaldock
not worth someone seeing this and targeting me even more...
Thats true and budget it into the boating exspenses like gas and insurance. I hear you. After I started this post I asked my self, "Why bother" Bend over and smile.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 4,929 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Too much gov. and too many pigs with nothing to do but bother and trick citizens.
To serve and protect my ass

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.