Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best Single Engine 26-29Ft. Performance Boat? >

Best Single Engine 26-29Ft. Performance Boat?

Notices

Best Single Engine 26-29Ft. Performance Boat?

Old 07-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When we're talkin' "rough-water" on a small lake I'm assuming we're talkin' about a boat wake problem. I'd say in that case a good Ski-Nautique or bass Ranger since you probably spend most of your time on the beach......Just kidding

I'm still a little sketchy on what's being called "rough" on a small lake, but most of the boats listed are great boats and most are honest offshore boats while others are just beefy speed boats. For the rough environment you can't beat length as in riding across one wave crest to the other for less pounding in the trough. Get the longest single application you can that gives a little of everything including speed, style, durability, ride and somewhat importantly, affordability. As someone mentioned earlier I'd go with a 32 Sunsation Dominator with either an HP500 or one of the new 525's. Either will take you in excess of 75mph and spank the dog crap out of any other single application running in the "rough". Let's not forget factory support should you need it....

Rick
Old 07-08-2002, 04:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

30' SUPERBOAT 496, 72-74MPH $64,950 can't beat it. Handles any Water with a farly large cabin, beautiful cockpit with full liner, great resale. 632-226-1761

Activator, pure performance, Mark is a great guy to talk to. Fastest for the Money 516-758-4121

27 Kryptonite, 29 Warlock & 28 Panteria

These are the boats I would look at, I have no experence with Velocity, but very fast on flat water
Old 07-08-2002, 06:21 PM
Registered

If you're considering a West-Coast custom boat, you should take a look at the 29' Shockwave. The guys at the factory are great to deal with and the customer service after delivery is as good or better than before delivery. I got mine right before Memorial Day and have put on about 35 trouble free hours since then..I can send you lots of pics if you want them...
Old 07-08-2002, 06:31 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Default Let me sneak this in ....

Grab a couple of extra bucks and buy my boat .... it's not what you are looking for now, but it's closer to where you'll want to be in about a year ... and, this will handle all the "ROUGH" water at LOTO you'll ever come across.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=27564

Shameless I tell ya' ..... just shameless
Old 07-08-2002, 07:16 PM
mmo jo

How fast do you want to go ? the velocity vr1 (28ft) just set a new f1 rec. 83 mph. My friend has one with a 496 ho and it runs 72 74 mph.

Old 07-08-2002, 10:37 PM
Steve_H

tally:

formula-10
sunsation-9
pantera-8
velocity-7
fountain-6
dcb-1(+4 from havasu hangin)=5
scarab-5
nordic-5
active thunder-4
sonic-4
activator-4
checkmate-4
kryptonite-4
superboat-3
cigarette-3
powerplay-3
warlock-3
laveycraft-2
advantage-2
progresion-2
shockwave-2
donzi-1
eliminator-1
baja-1
envision-1
phantom-1
suphen-1
apache-1
magic-1
donzi-1

ok guys , im lost just kidding , truth is ive recieved a great deal of information from this thread that will help me in deciding what the next hole in the water i want to throw money in.but isnt it a blast now , if someone would please just buy my boat so i can buy someone elses.

p.s.------in no-way is this thread a true survey of the best boat out there as some have listed more then one choice and others (havasu hangin) have gotten extra credit for posting pics

Old 07-09-2002, 01:58 PM
Fry

Thumbs up

Hey LOTOPARTY, definately don't forget the Warlock! We race a 29 and do all our testing at the lake, even on the big weekends.
I drove a ton of boats before I settled on the Warlock but when it gets real rough they just soak it up and run flat. I will have to say I did not drive an Activator or the VR1 and are both awesome boats, would definately consider on my next race boat or pleasure boat.
At the lake we can easily run with some of the big boats right down the main channel, it can be a real ego buster for them!
If you are at the shoot-out look me up I will be glad to take you for a ride. I can also get smokin deals on the boats with or without power.

Good Luck,
Jeff Carrier
Team Liquid F1-03

Old 07-09-2002, 02:40 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Nordic 28' Heat for all the reasons cited earlier.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Well, I guess my board name shows my vote!!
Don't know how it would handle the ocean but I would imagine that any 28 footer with a single is going to be a handful in the ocean. Ours is powered by a mild 540 and handles Lake Mead and Lake Powell very effectively in MOST all conditions. Of course everything gets better with speed!
Cabin room is very large and comfortable at the expense of some cock pit room.

Hey Nordic Gary, drop me an email at [email protected]. Have a question for you!
Thanks
Dave