Is he asking too much for this boat? >

Is he asking too much for this boat?

Notices

Is he asking too much for this boat?

Old 07-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
very interested...anyone have additional info on this boat?
You could probably call the gent selling it. He knows a little about boats. LOL.

Ad Number: 46252
Price: 129950
First Name: Brett
Last Name: Manire
Company Name: PerformanceBoatCenter.com
Company Website: http://www.performanceboatcenter.com
Phone: 402-304-5342 Brett
Phone 2: 573-873-2300
Old 07-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,950 Likes on 980 Posts

What do you want to know????
Old 07-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a sweet boat. The problem these days is most people know the sales history of these boats and as a result previous sales price sets precedence for future sales price when often times someone blindly over pays for a vessel because it hasn't sold in the last 5 years. Yet, a boat that was purchased at a very discounted rate several years prior is deemed as being over priced because it is more than what the seller paid. Gino's boat is very nice and it is quite a runner when the water gets bumpy I would be happy to have it in my garage or on my lift..
Old 07-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that 36 had a lot of hour's on her just before repo so if they did full rebuild top and bottom + drive's they would have some extra money into it not to mention any other stuff that could have been wrong with the boat prior to repo , we all no how most repo boat's get taken care of if the owner no's it's going buy buy " no maintenance run it till it drop's "
so they could have an extra $ 30 + k into it easy on repair's

if everything is fresh on the boat I could see $ 100k being quite fair or you would have to order a new one for who no's how much money and time

mike
Old 07-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by packinair
I have always wondered what a professional shopper/critic pays
About as much as their opinion is worth....$0.00
Old 07-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 801 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
What do you want to know????
how many hours? read in the pantera section that the boat was re-freshed...what exactly was refreshed (drives re-built, engines re-built, etc)? how many hours are on the refresh? was the boat repainted? does cabin have any amenities (sink, toilet, etc)? has been run in fresh or salt? where was it stored? also read boat was repo'd... called today, broker knew very little about the boat.

thought of a few more...does it have night time running lights? is that a zip up cabin door? how tight is the rear seat? how old is the exhaust...looks like motors are horizon (HX). how old are the hx's?

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 07-16-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJghC8mFll0&feature=channel&list=UL[/YOUTUBE]

Its all you, just don't be so hard on the sticks.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,950 Likes on 980 Posts

The boat is blue gel. A dealer had listed when it was new. The gel had some flaws and the boat was painted the same color blue as the gel. They also added the painted on graphics. It was then purchased by an OSO member who owned it for a couple years. I'm pretty sure it was used mainly in salt by him. He tried to sell it, but it was eventually repoed.
Hawkeye Boats bought it as a repo and I believe completely rebuilt the engines and drives and fixed anything else that needed doing, but I'm not 100% sure. The current owner, Gino bought it from them. I think this is the 3rd Summer that Gino has owned it. The engines are 525EFI's and it runs 85+mph.
The cabin door is vinyl and I believe it rolls up or snaps closed. Of course it has nav lights. It does not have docking lights. The cockpit is a little tight in the backseat area.

Call Brett at PBC and he will get you any info you need. It is a brokered boat. Gino lives in MN, so the boat may be in MN or Brett may be storing it at LOTO. Gino comes to LOTO seveal times a Summer.