Notices

Ocean Performance A++++

Old 04-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Anyone else with highly recommended shops on the east coast would help this thread, lets hear who YOU recommend.... it would also put any new boaters at ease about who to go to for good service in a tough sport to begin with.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Great thread and really like the positive direction it has turned. In southern Maine, we are very fortunate to have Tim Dorr of Dorr's Marine in Windham Maine. Tim has been in the hi performance marine game for 25+ yrs. Has an extensive offshore race history with the Airborne team, Sloppy Joes and the Defender boats. Tim builds an incredible motor. You never hear of his motors blowing up, nothing but top quality parts used through out, no corners cut. Very thorough and honest business man who I highly recommend.

Kurt
Old 04-05-2015, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

So glad I ran into this thread, everything said on here is so true.. They are the best, Chris took his time to find me parts I needed to do the makeover of my Cig. Never have visited OP but plan to. I knew Carol ran the show and to find out she is eye candy, well lets just say that does it I'm coming up Chris. All joking aside I can't thank you enough Chris for taking your time to help. Please come down to Pirates on Lanier this year, you won't be disappointed, Oh yea don't forget Carol. LOL
Old 04-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts

Was there about three years ago...to have my boat touched up after someone hit it at my mairina....from the time I pulled up to the ramp at old saybrook to when I picked it up they were first class all the way...I would go back in a heart beat if I needed any work done....treated me as if I bought a new boat from them...thanks again to ocean prefofmance
Old 04-06-2015, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by park35
Was there about three years ago...to have my boat touched up after someone hit it at my mairina....from the time I pulled up to the ramp at old saybrook to when I picked it up they were first class all the way...I would go back in a heart beat if I needed any work done....treated me as if I bought a new boat from them...thanks again to ocean prefofmance
4195 used to own that Cafe......you sold it??? Where did it go? Wow...that was a nice boat.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
4195 used to own that Cafe......you sold it??? Where did it go? Wow...that was a nice boat.
Kreed...yes I sold it....was not easy to let it go but I had too..do to some unforeseeable changes in my life....had some great memories with that boat....one of my best was watching my daughter of 12 years old at the time run that boat in 3-4 ft swells in the ocean by herself at the wheel doing 55 mph and looking over and ... seeing her smile ear to ear...I have down sized for now...boat is in Georgia now....someday I will get another cig
Old 04-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

I bought my boat there. Not directly from OP but from the previous owner. It looked like a pretty impressive place from what I saw.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A bump for OP and other shops still worth your business...