Notices

Boat covers in central PA

Old 07-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat covers in central PA

I havnt used the boat once this year si I figured I'd have a nice storge cover made so she knows I still care. Anybody know of a good canvas place in south central Pa? I'm in Lancaster about 30 mins east of Harrisburg boats in Northern Va bit I know someone in Pa will be cheaper. There are lots of places that advertise boat covers but I dont wanna go with someone who has a sewing machine and thinks they can make anything because were able to make a slip cover for their couch.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Lancaster county upolstery, did some stuff for my cig, nice work the price wasn't bad...where do you boat at ? I live on Stausburg pike right off 462 and 30....Joe
Old 07-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Mountville. Just east of the river off of 30. We moved up here in Jan from Northern Va. Used to boat on the Potomac until we moved. My wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant so we haven't been thinking about boating too much. Havn't even brought it up here yet. Next year I hoping to keep the boat on the bay. People have told me about lake Clark and Blue Marsh neither of which seem to be worth the effort. Where do you boat? Dan
Old 07-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you obviously need to get it home before you start having cover made. take it the amish people. just tell them it is a wierd buggy for pulling with a horse...
Old 07-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brwn234
I live in Mountville. Just east of the river off of 30. We moved up here in Jan from Northern Va. Used to boat on the Potomac until we moved. My wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant so we haven't been thinking about boating too much. Havn't even brought it up here yet. Next year I hoping to keep the boat on the bay. People have told me about lake Clark and Blue Marsh neither of which seem to be worth the effort. Where do you boat? Dan
Still working on the cig, redoing the whole thing, but have the Crist at Mears point marina on Kent Is. at the narrows, when the Cigs done I'm probilay on to put in at Anchor Marine in N.E. Maryland, its on 45mins from Lancaster....Blue Marsh is a waste of time to me, Long Level / Lake Clark is 10 mins from you on the river, ok for test and tune or a short run....Go to the Bay....

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
you obviously need to get it home before you start having cover made. take it the amish people. just tell them it is a wierd buggy for pulling with a horse...
Where I live there's at lease 50 buggys go by my house everyday, they stop at the store next to the house somtimes, when i have the boat at the house, some of them will walk over from the store and just stare at it.....the other week some Amish boys were looking at it, I say you want to go for a ride when she done, they just looked at me and said, ya but what do we do with are hats we are not aloud to take them off...