Looking for 400hp on 383's >

Looking for 400hp on 383's

Notices

Looking for 400hp on 383's

Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now, new question arises ,

I was going with edelbrock 750 cmf 1410 but I am really considering switching to Holley 750 cmf double pamper,

I need opinions , I already know that John (sprink58) loves these last ones and someone else also with a lot of experience in 383's told me that it will be tough to tune these engines with the edelbrocks
Old 10-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holley carb with 750 cfm with annular booster's..they idomise the fuel better and will give you better throttle response..

Last edited by FIXX; 10-24-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Holley carb with 750 cfm with annular booster's..they idomise the fuel better and will give you better throttle response..

is this the one?
this is the one i was thinking about :

http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/holl...FRR7nAodzmEAsA
Old 10-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Diego9040
I really like your boat , as soon as results are ready I will post them,

Thanks for your support.
Thanks Diego. You have a nice Lookin boat. We had a 23 nova growing up. Great boat.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going with edelbrock 750 cmf 1410 but I am really considering switching to Holley 750 cmf double pamper,

I need opinions , I already know that John (sprink58) loves these last ones and someone else also with a lot of experience in 383's told me that it will be tough to tune these engines with the edelbrocks
Dont know anyone running an edelbrock on a boat.

I know there are many more but these are guys I've done work with and willingly send money to when it comes to carbs.

John and C&J engineering - guy has cleared up every problem I've ever had n/a or blown.

A.E.D- awesome shop.

Uncle Dave
Old 10-25-2012, 07:27 AM
Registered

Diego, I see that you tried to PM me. Feel free to shoot me an email. [email protected]

I switched from Edelbrocks to Holleys on my strokers and aside from having some float adjustment issues, I love the Holleys.

I'm not a carb guru nor do I ever want to be. When it comes to jetting and tunning I have to rely on my boating friends for help. Not a single one of them run Edelbrock carbs in a boat..........
Old 10-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
Diego, I see that you tried to PM me. Feel free to shoot me an email. [email protected]

I switched from Edelbrocks to Holleys on my strokers and aside from having some float adjustment issues, I love the Holleys.

I'm not a carb guru nor do I ever want to be. When it comes to jetting and tunning I have to rely on my boating friends for help. Not a single one of them run Edelbrock carbs in a boat..........
Hey, thanks for your reply, after reading your thread i realized i had to go your route ,also John (sprik58) is a big fan of the Holley double p. so i went ahead and order a couple and returned the Edelbrocks.
Thanks again.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Registered

More news,

this is getting interesting, i have just talked to Laz from Mesa Balancing who gave me a way way way better deal than the previous guy on the Dyno services , so he personally will dyno and fine tune both engines with the Holley Double Pumpers.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER

by the way ,what are the specs on your engines ? i am sure many here would like to know!!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to say...the only thing better is Direct Injection with a very good engine management system. It's like having 2: 2 barrel carburetors. You get on plane with both...once you are up...you back off and cruise on one (primaries). When you want to stretch out you bring in the second one (secondaries)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.