Need advice for a week trip to the Keys >

Need advice for a week trip to the Keys

Notices

Need advice for a week trip to the Keys

Old 07-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice for a week trip to the Keys

So for my girlfriends birthday I am wanting to take a week or so trip to the Keys. I have been there multiple times but this will be her first trip. I am looking to stay somewhere that I can beach/dock the boat and use it for my main source of travel. I want to explore the surrounding islands, areas, and a bunch of the different Keys from the water. We will venture to Key West but I don't necessarily want to stay there. I was hoping to find something like a villa or bungalow right on the water, but I also am able to take my motorhome down there too, it would just be a little more work. Anyone have a good referral of something like that or a cool campground? Also if you have any input on good destinations, sights, or must-do's please throw them out there! This will be my first trip that I actually bring my own boat, I have rented a couple boats for fishing/diving but this time will be for sight-seeing and another way to view the Keys. I am sure there are guys with loads of spots to stop and try. Thanks!

Jason
Old 07-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sushine Key RV resort/ marina on Ohio key MM39. They have everything from ocean front RV sites to tent camping. They also have cabana rentals. We stay there for 3 weeks every Dec/Jan. You can easily get to Marathon or Big Pine from there, go 7 miles out front to the reef or spend all day exploring the back country. Have Fun.

http://www.rvonthego.com/Sunshine-Key-RV-Resort.html