weekend Outerlimits boating accident on chesapeake bay

Notices

weekend Outerlimits boating accident on chesapeake bay

Old 08-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job Lets Rock!

I never wore my lanyards until I got the Tres Martin wrist strap, now I always wear it. Easy on and off, just as comfortable as a watch.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

wow!

not many stories about heroism and compassion for your fellow man make it the front pages any more. glad to hear that theres some folks still around with grit and a sense of right action. sadly...those qualities are a dying breed.

god job Lets Rock.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 982 Likes on 524 Posts

Let's Rock is the best boating story of 2012! Great Job!

Hey Sy,

Just as a side note, the roll would be covered but then wouldn't be covered after the roll? Then would the damage be covered in the case of the "save the swimmers" and damage the boat in the process (on purpose)?

I would think the guy with the 46 Limited would have the resources to make it right for the Let's Rock guy regardless of insurance but was just wondering what the company would think of the situation.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
I want to thank everybody for all the support on FB and OSO and to let everyone know that when people are in trouble you do what ever it takes to get them safe and out of harms way..... I would think that someone would do the same as I did if ever put in that situation. Its great news that everybody will be on the water again.... get well to crew of OL...and thanks again.

Sincerely,
The Crew of "LETS ROCK"
Great Job. I had a few fellow boaters take care of me years ago. I thank them everyday.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:24 AM
Registered

I wear mine just above my knee on my thigh. On my wrist it felt it was getting in way, on my ankle it was getting too stretched, thigh was just right.

I don't understand why they can't just make a circuit on the kill switch to the lanyard, to the starter. In other word, your boat won't run unless you're wearing it.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:22 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,950 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by bert4332
I wear mine just above my knee on my thigh. On my wrist it felt it was getting in way, on my ankle it was getting too stretched, thigh was just right.

I don't understand why they can't just make a circuit on the kill switch to the lanyard, to the starter. In other word, your boat won't run unless you're wearing it.
How would it know if you're wearing it vs just having the circuit connected.

Kill switches don't need to be made better, they need to be worn.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Default Fail.

[QUOTE=Smarty;3758149]Why is it ignorant? Factual, not ignorant. QUOTE]

Fail. State your facts. I am aware of two - this one and one involving the owner of the company (my understanding is the latter was caused by a third-party component failure that has been rectified by the component manufacturer and not hull design or operator error). You are right that the important thing is that, in both cases, everyone lived to ride another day - but turning this unfortnuate event into an opportunity to inaccurately bash a particular brand of boat is ignorant - on many levels. Correct me if I am mistaken.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 128 Posts

[QUOTE=DucBoy;3758694]
Originally Posted by Smarty
Why is it ignorant? Factual, not ignorant. QUOTE]

Fail. State your facts. I am aware of two - this one and one involving the owner of the company (my understanding is the latter was caused by a third-party component failure that has been rectified by the component manufacturer and not hull design or operator error). You are right that the important thing is that, in both cases, everyone lived to ride another day - but turning this unfortnuate event into an opportunity to inaccurately bash a particular brand of boat is ignorant - on many levels. Correct me if I am mistaken.
You are correct, I am only aware two this year. I will am not taking the bait, I am not bashing OL, but you are factually mistaken if you believe that there has been two boats involved in accidents in the history of OL. I do not want to get into this, it is not important to me at all, and will serve no purpose. I like the OL product. PM me with any questions or concerns.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Registered
VIP Member

[QUOTE=Smarty;3758717]
Originally Posted by DucBoy

You are correct, I am only aware two this year. I will am not taking the bait, I am not bashing OL, but you are factually mistaken if you believe that there has been two boats involved in accidents in the history of OL. I do not want to get into this, it is not important to me at all, and will serve no purpose. I like the OL product. PM me with any questions or concerns.
Not trying to bait anyone. The post to which I originally responded (not by you) said "a lot of OLs rolling lately". Not a true statement, and again, I don't see how bringing the make of the boat into this is productive unless and until someone can point to a design or manufacturing defect (in which case I am all ears). *steps off soapbox*
Old 08-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 195 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
I want to thank everybody for all the support on FB and OSO and to let everyone know that when people are in trouble you do what ever it takes to get them safe and out of harms way..... I would think that someone would do the same as I did if ever put in that situation. Its great news that everybody will be on the water again.... get well to crew of OL...and thanks again.

Sincerely,
The Crew of "LETS ROCK"
To the crew of “Let’s Rock” – a deep thank you for what you did. One of the first rules of the sea is to always assist another boater in need. Many know these words, few follow them. You did and my hat’s off to you! With all of the bad things we’ve recently been discussing in these forums as of late, it’s nice to have some good news to share!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.