Old 08-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default State of the Industry from Scott Sjogren

OSO Magazine INSIDE THE INDUSTRY: CALL IT A COMEBACK
Old 08-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No bail out of the performance boating industry from Barry, as the economy improves I bet the industry though smaller will thrive and I am confident that the time line will increase or decrease drastically based on who takes control of the white house...... Bet you'll never guess who I'm voting for
Old 08-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Great write up thanks for posting!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 420 Likes on 280 Posts

not the case in my area... same boats are advertised for over.... 2 years in many cases!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Really?
Old 08-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z06vette1
No bail out of the performance boating industry from Barry, as the economy improves I bet the industry though smaller will thrive and I am confident that the time line will increase or decrease drastically based on who takes control of the white house...... Bet you'll never guess who I'm voting for
Bet you'll never guess who I'm voting for; FOUR MORE YEARS.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree with Scott 100%

When buyers get back in, there won't be any low hour inventory left in good condition.

I still think 2-3 years
Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
not the case in my area... same boats are advertised for over.... 2 years in many cases!
And some are advertised for 2 hrs and sold. Finding the true market value of your ride may be difficult right now, but when you find it the boat will sell.

There are countless boats are there priced at the market value of 5 years ago. I don't care how much you have into it, the days of selling your updated 1988 boat for $80k are over.

OSO has a great guide for boat market value. Simply scroll through the classifieds and look for the "sold" icon, all of them seem to have one thing in common....priced at market value.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Bet you'll never guess who I'm voting for; FOUR MORE YEARS.
Wait...what boat do you own again?

It always makes me laugh when I consider that the two biggest Democrat flag-wavers on this board don't own boats. One talks about the one that was stolen how many years ago...the other takes pictures of boats.

I'll be voting for the lesser of two evils...the current evil is a bit too much to bear...not to mention the person next in line is a blithering idiot...
Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,944 Likes on 1,336 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
Without question, different regions in the country are going to have different market dynamics. But what's even more relevant than that is Scott Sjogren/Pier 57 markets aggressively and diligently, and they have been at it awhile.

Chances are your area doesn't haven't a new/used high-performance boat dealer on the scale of Pier 57 because, in all honesty, there aren't many dealers like Pier 57. No disrespect intended to any of the other solid, hardworking dealers out there. Not one bit. I'm just saying that part of the inventory-moving equation in any given area has to do with the dealer or dealers in the area, and to that end Pier 57, on volume alone, does well. For sure, some of that is a function of market consolidation. (Think about the number of big-name dealer on the scene five years ago and ask yourself where they are now.) But that doesn't completely explain it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.