Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Could use some Oslo love...need lifter parts to save labor day weekend! >

Could use some Oslo love...need lifter parts to save labor day weekend!

Notices

Could use some Oslo love...need lifter parts to save labor day weekend!

Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up Could use some Oslo love...need lifter parts to save labor day weekend!

Hey guys,

For those of you that didn't see my previous thread http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...val-trick.html

I had a lifter out of my gen v 454 go bad on me. I contacted the company that manufactured the lifter and they were going to send me a new oil metering plate, but so far it has not arrived and I can't get ahold of them again.

Does anyone have an old merc flat tappet lifter laying around? All I need is this little piece

I want to just replace the valve so I don't run into issues with a new lifter on an old cam. I have bought a few lifters from Jegs and they are all wrong internally.

I know I might be being a little paranoid, but I have heard to many horror stories about mixing flat tappet parts.

More than willing to pay for the part and of course shipping.

Thanks!

Artie. 740 504 8855
Old 08-29-2012, 04:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have (2) complete sets from my 575sci's if one of those will work for you. Will have to locate them in the shop this afternoon, but PM me if it will and I will see what I can do.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Registered

Check with Kunkels Marine in Mansfield. Jason keeps a lot of oddball Merc parts laying around. 419-529-4446
Old 08-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No merc parts Buddy "butt" will this work 4 ya???
Attached Thumbnails Could use some Oslo love...need lifter parts to save labor day weekend!-kw.jpg  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:09 AM
Registered

I'm pretty sure I have some low hour motors that froze. But I can't get to My shop untill maybe tomorrow late. Issac is setting on us. If You don't find anything buy then, I will see what I can do. Artie
Old 08-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Love that pic! The lines on the boat look like the front of her, er, "suit" is stretched to the moon just waiting to snap back!!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
I have (2) complete sets from my 575sci's if one of those will work for you. Will have to locate them in the shop this afternoon, but PM me if it will and I will see what I can do.
If you have a chance to take a look I would appreciate it! I'll send you a PM also.

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
Check with Kunkels Marine in Mansfield. Jason keeps a lot of oddball Merc parts laying around. 419-529-4446
I'll give them a shout, thanks.

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Trade you a broken lifter for it

Originally Posted by akaboatman
I'm pretty sure I have some low hour motors that froze. But I can't get to My shop untill maybe tomorrow late. Issac is setting on us. If You don't find anything buy then, I will see what I can do. Artie
Thanks, Artie
Old 09-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Registered

RT930turbo Did You get the part? Sorry so late but I can look tomorrow. Artie
Old 09-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Registered

Well, long story short yes. Turns out Johnson sent me the parts several weeks ago...

I went down to my work bench this morning and noticed a full page Johnson hylift product info sheet. Immediately suspicious I ask my wife about it and it turns out she opened the envelope and trashed he little meet erring disc inside

I have not been that mad in a long long time. Fortunately I was able to cross the number from the sheet to a lifter set at Jegs.

She runs smooth and quiet again

Thanks to all of you who offered to help and looked for lifters! Turns out old lifters are hard to come by, but the Jegs' brand 'street' lifter is in fact a Johnson lifter identical to the originals in my motor. I was able to swap the internals and avoid having to worry about a new lifter on an old cam.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Registered

Great to hear. Have fun tomorrow. Artie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.