Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
Pat, I keep scratching my head about the same thing! The operator of the boat is responsible for maintaining safe conditions for his passengers and should know how to read the water ahead and throttle appropriately. Yes, this drive made a mistake and has taken a beating because of it..physically and literally. There's no need for him to get ragged upon more than he has. Luckily, everyone will heal and a lesson has been learned.......
Agreed, the driver was driving to fast for conditions. But the cruiser wakes are a problem. Not the boats but the way they are driven. If you do not boat there you have no clue what its like.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by DucBoy
And I know what a washing machine looks like - anyone that boats on the West end of Lake Erie does.
YupYup! Western Lake Erie can be one of the most treacherous areas of the entire Great Lakes (look it up). The water makes no sense, just waves from all directions and giant holes. It's made for some hairy trips to PIB in my 22' Donzi!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1,915 Likes on 749 Posts
Default Maybe....

Originally Posted by DucBoy
Would someone please set me straight on the "cruiser wake" issue? I own a cruiser and a go fast. When in the cruiser, I observe no wake zones and generally try to avoid anchored fishermen (although they have a habit of spreading out in a line over several miles - that can be frustrating); otherwise, I cruise on plane at my most efficient trim. It's a heavy, wide boat that throws a wake - that's what it does. Is anyone suggesting that I should maintain 10 knots in open water just because go fasts are operating in the general vacinity??

Conversely, when running the go fast, I similarly observe no-wake zones and otherwise run in open water watching for wakes and useing my best efforts to take then at a suitable speed and angle. Am I missing something?? Should I be demanding flat, wake-free waters when I am operating my go fast?

Seriously - does anyone actually believe this???
the perfect post. Problem is, the answer to your final question is yes there are many who think that. Insane as it is....
If you are not smart enough to know the limits of your boat, your abilities and know that the faster you go the farther ahead you have to be watching, the sooner you have to react..., etc, etc.
This is really turning into a sobering thread.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he problem was when he got back on the gas, the boat caught only the starboard prop first..
( turning in) It propwalked to a hard chine then spinout. Otherwise. No Problem.
It is not the lake other boaters or anything else

ps the Chick and her daugter are hot !@!!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its water. There are waves. Their source is irrelevant.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered

Since the big cruisers that can't get on plane are at the lake we all have to just learn how to boat safley in their wakes and for those of us that have point lots and a dock, we just have to keep our welders handy to repair the damage they cause. This is what the lake has become. Like it or not. But IMHO the bigazz cruisers have no busuness being at the lake. Not that I'm jealous or hate cruisers, they are beautiful and have their place. But they are just not designed for closed in inland lakes. If you want that big of a boat go buy a house with ocean access!!!!!! I can't even see what fun these big boats are in a lake. Oh well, this is going to be an endless topic for sure.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Registered

If he never would have got back in it after he let off , there would be no problem. He was acting like he was in a race or something.. Don't care how nice a guy he may be. No vests no teather. I'm sure he probly feels the same way.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Likefastboats
Since the big cruisers that can't get on plane are at the lake we all have to just learn how to boat safley in their wakes and for those of us that have point lots and a dock, we just have to keep our welders handy to repair the damage they cause. This is what the lake has become. Like it or not. But IMHO the bigazz cruisers have no busuness being at the lake. Not that I'm jealous or hate cruisers, they are beautiful and have their place. But they are just not designed for closed in inland lakes. If you want that big of a boat go buy a house with ocean access!!!!!! I can't even see what fun these big boats are in a lake. Oh well, this is going to be an endless topic for sure.
One could say the same about a 12m Fountain on an inland lake... Just sayin........
Old 09-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
One could say the same about a 12m Fountain on an inland lake... Just sayin........
I said boats that can't plane. I didn't mention length.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Did you guys really go from making the driver responsible for his actions and the safety of his passengers to a guy driving a cruiser making a boat wake?
Yes they did, and in more than one accident thread. When complete arrogance combines with the dream of spoiled children, that's what you get.

At least some picked up on driving offshore boats on inland waterways at 90 mph.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.