Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I thought this was Tres's only response:
As you ask, I will only mention 1 of the reasons for loss of control, many factors play into but this could have been avoided. The throttle motion used and release of the throttle,(power) cause weight to shift forward, physics allow stern weight and weight from cockpit loaded with passengers to continue forward motion. result is stern wants to pass bow as forward nose has become parasitic to water, exagerated from vessel taking false keel on both sides. sorry for delay but done this while in airport. Safe boating!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 952 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by Tres
As you ask, I will only mention 1 of the reasons for loss of control, many factors play into but this could have been avoided. The throttle motion used and release of the throttle,(power) cause weight to shift forward, physics allow stern weight and weight from cockpit loaded with passengers to continue forward motion. result is stern wants to pass bow as forward nose has become parasitic to water, exagerated from vessel taking false keel on both sides. sorry for delay but done this while in airport. Safe boating!
Thanks Tres.....safe travels today!

So the boat's momentum was lurching forward and the stern didn't stay planted so when the waves started knocking it around it went around.....

BTW- Yahoo.com homepage has this as a lead story now with the video.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Tres
If you get a chance can you clarify "false keel"? Is that when the boat heels over and is riding on its hard chine? Thanks
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
If you get a chance can you clarify "false keel"? Is that when the boat heels over and is riding on its hard chine? Thanks
When hullside and bottom outside edge become the running surface. They just showed it on CNN at airport, This video is getting more popular then elections.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Registered

It looked to me like he thought the boat would just go thru anything he came across and just tried to power thru it,not much finess on the throttles just violent actions.I cannot belive he was full throttle and had his hand off the sticks.Looked like the girl in the green hit the windshield with her chin.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

anyone got a link to a different video??? i saw a pic in the boater girl of the day from a different angle?? there has to be more out there
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Tress you are saying driver should of stayed in thottles? Or just should of not pulled out so fast and hard?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

I just noticed this, but it looks as though the boat was in a fairly decent turn at speed. When I first watched the video I thought they were traveling dead straight, but it appears that they were turning pretty decent if you watch behind the boat leading up to the incident. Doesn't take much to upset and prompt the spin at those speeds.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88bullet
anyone got a link to a different video??? i saw a pic in the boater girl of the day from a different angle?? there has to be more out there
go to cnn and they have some extra of the aftermath..
Old 09-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks!

Thanks so much for the insite !! I have been there before w my 38 so i feel I had to call it like I see it. I just don't want the boat to get a bad rapp.. Did the boat do ok?? Is it cracked? that boat stopped really quick. Once agaiin The props spinning are what caused the problems I think.
I know how you must feel. And I want to say that this has woke a lot of people up. And for the comon man with comon sense this will makes us think and be safer in the long run.. Of course there will be the nay sayers.. But this is a possitive. Kinda like the movies you watch when you are getting your drivers lic. when you are 16.. Anyway Glad you all survived... Be cool and get back out in your boat... NO more throttleing waves with hot women on board !!!!!!!!!!

Chad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.