Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael1
The most dangerous drivers here are the ones who think they never make any driving mistakes, and, therefore, never learn from them. They are the ones who think they are God's gift to boat driving. It's very easy to arm chair quarterback other drivers on what they did wrong, but it doesn't make that person a better driver than the one they are criticizing. We can't even see the waves or the attitude of the boat in this video. It seems a lot of this discussion has gone far beyond just learning from the mistakes, and is more about pumping up egos.

I see people who are real "experts", with extensive performance driving experience and highly honed skills, racing offshore boats, and they spin them, stuff them, flip them, and roll them.

The bottom line is there are unexpected conditions on the water, and this won't be the last time something like this happens. The best we can hope for is we learn from each incident, and try not ot make the same mistake.

My condolences go out to those who were injured, and I hope for a speedy recovery.

Michael
Agreed.

And a physics refresher course is in order for our general society, apparently.

Last edited by Keytime; 09-05-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I usually throw anchor prior to re-entry.
I dunno what you guys are talking about. I always land square on my trailer and just head right on home.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the real NEWS here is how hot the mom looks at 48 years old.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rchuntlsl
These guys were running next to us in the start of the poker run on friday. We were in my buddies 38' donzi till a drive let loose 40 miles from the dock.(8 hr drive back) That guy in the video, I think he said he was from Iowa, but I believe they regularly boat at the lake. The Lake of the Ozarks is very difficult to boat at and crazy stuff happens here. The waves are so big and they come from every direction and double up all the time making them very unpredictable. People just don't understand till they get here. Some people we know were up here from TX and stuffed their 36' concept center console. Tore up the boat and sent a couple of them to the hospital with minor injuries. They were ultra experienced boaters. Driving here is a whole different world. I have stuffed my boat more than once. We stuffed the 38' donzi zr last year. On Saturday leaving the shootout we had a wave come halfway up the sun pad on the 42' searay.

Check out this video of leaving the shoot out that someone posted on you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTJpDZ6sqkw
This is the craziest boating day of the year. It did not help that a storm rolled in and chased thousands of boats out at once.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ftpanther
Originally Posted by rchuntlsl
These guys were running next to us in the start of the poker run on friday. We were in my buddies 38' donzi till a drive let loose 40 miles from the dock.(8 hr drive back) That guy in the video, I think he said he was from Iowa, but I believe they regularly boat at the lake. The Lake of the Ozarks is very difficult to boat at and crazy stuff happens here. The waves are so big and they come from every direction and double up all the time making them very unpredictable. People just don't understand till they get here. Some people we know were up here from TX and stuffed their 36' concept center console. Tore up the boat and sent a couple of them to the hospital with minor injuries. They were ultra experienced boaters. Driving here is a whole different world. I have stuffed my boat more than once. We stuffed the 38' donzi zr last year. On Saturday leaving the shootout we had a wave come halfway up the sun pad on the 42' searay.

Check out this video of leaving the shoot out that someone posted on you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTJpDZ6sqkw
This is the craziest boating day of the year. It did not help that a storm rolled in and chased thousands of boats out at once.
I think there might be some confusion, this occured on Friday ay 4;52pm. The video you are showing is leaving the shootout on Saturday. While it is still LOTO, this was in no way the conditions the Fountain was in at all during the day. We ran in the poker run and it was a calm day on the lake when compared to most days.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Registered

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=550644289
Old 09-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Link is down as of 1:58 (or maybe it is just because I am the last man standing without a facebook account)
Old 09-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bet he broke a stringer.. But we will never know unless he posts a damage report for us
Old 09-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video...ident-missouri

The daughter comments on the video and interview.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racer-x6
i think the real news here is how hot the mom looks at 48 years old.
+ 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.