Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
I think if he would of been able to stay at the wheel the boat would not of spun out. The aggresive side to side threw him out and then the drives were free to do what they wanted, hence after his ejection the spin started. Amazing no one died or is paralized. I wish them all a quick recovery.
A fountain of that caliber should have full hydro steering. The drives should have stayed locked where they were left. But there is no clear shot of the steering wheel. but if you look at how the driver falls he could have took the wheel for a spin down with him. which if he did then it would have been against the spin that it ended up going. wondering if that helped at all or made the whole thing a little more violent.

not trying to argue here. But all boats that i know of with full hydro with twin rams cannot be moved by hand engine running or off. But also by hand is nothing like the force water has.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
A fountain of that caliber should have full hydro steering. The drives should have stayed locked where they were left. But there is no clear shot of the steering wheel. but if you look at how the driver falls he could have took the wheel for a spin down with him. which if he did then it would have been against the spin that it ended up going. wondering if that helped at all or made the whole thing a little more violent.

not trying to argue here. But all boats that i know of with full hydro with twin rams cannot be moved by hand engine running or off. But also by hand is nothing like the force water has.
It was all over on that last launch - nothing to do but hold on at that point. The boat came back down hard on the starboard side toward the stern. The boat then rocked hard to port. Since the bow was down the stern kept going to the port side and spun the boat around.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

The Tosh.0 Facebook just posted it. Geez
Old 09-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

It's on the HLN Facebook page too, you should see some of the comments from non boaters. One girls said the driver was clueless and was having trouble shifting gears lol, refering to the throttle action.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
Its water. There are waves. Their source is irrelevant.
Gopher, thank you!!!

We all know about wakes, large criss crossers are difficult to gauge sometimes, and most especially at high speeds.
There are no blames assigned, except pilot error, in an accident like this.

One of the things I took out of this is, like another member posted, is shortening my lanyard bracelet. I've kept it long to be able to reach across my cockpit which is pretty wide compared to some of the other cigarette styled boats.
After watching several times it crossed my mind that my engines could have easily been still running with the drives engaged had the same thing happened to myself.

My heart breaks for the injured passengers, and for the Cap'n too. I'm sure he's equally heartbroken about the incident.
I wish them all rapid and full recoveries.

It's a shame that it's drawing such a wide viewing audience but I believe more good will come from it due to boaters who catch a good wake up call from another boaters misfortune.
I know I did as I've never given thought to shortening my lanyard until I saw this video.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 09-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
That's just wrong..
Old 09-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing that I question, is when the driver is launched, he shows no motion of clinging to hang on, as one would expect such as the girls, I wonder if on the first slam he suffered some kind of injury which is why he launched outta the seat rather lifeless, I do not no I am just wondering, nor do I know if at that point he could have gathered it back anyway, just a observation. I am confused as to whether or not this was "in" or "after" a run thou,

Travel safe everyone, yes accidents can and do happen unfortunately. We just need to do the best we can to prevent them,
Old 09-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88242LS
One thing that I question, is when the driver is launched, he shows no motion of clinging to hang on, as one would expect such as the girls, I wonder if on the first slam he suffered some kind of injury which is why he launched outta the seat rather lifeless, I do not no I am just wondering, nor do I know if at that point he could have gathered it back anyway, just a observation. I am confused as to whether or not this was "in" or "after" a run thou,

Travel safe everyone, yes accidents can and do happen unfortunately. We just need to do the best we can to prevent them,
I was wondering too. After watching the video about 100 times - it looks to me like he was conscious, but unaware of the forces he was about to encounter. He reacted to the slam of the boat dropping back down, but was unprepared for the ensuing throw - which is why he did not have a death grip on the throttles and steering wheel. I believe even the light grip he had is what changed the direction of his travel and pulled his arms straight as he slammed down.

I feel really bad for all involved and wish them a speedy recovery.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

This video suggested another video, anyone else find this video just as disturbing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YM9L...e_gdata_player

No accident, but I wouldn't be laughing like them if I was on that boat
Old 09-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Registered

I could only imagine trying to be on the recieving end of those insurance claims...

Crash injuring 7 people.
boating with standing passengers. not enough seating.
boating without life jackets.
boating at high rate of speed. WOT!
boating in many eyes,,,reckless.

All while being engaged in a Poker Run..

I really dont see much diggn for evidence in this case thanks to go-pro and the WWW.

The poker run alone would toss my insurance.
Feel really sad for those involed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.