Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
TW..., thanks for posting the info but I see two flaws in rule # 4:

4) Personal flotation devices (PFD's/Life Jackets) are mandatory and are to be worn by all participants during this event while the boat is in operation. If you are not wearing life jackets - there will be no pictures taken of your boat and you will not be shown on the DVD made of the event. All drivers should have kill switch lanyards attached during the poker run.

I would change the wording to "If you are not wearing life jackets you will be disqualified and asked to leave the event".

And, "All drivers MUST have kill switch lanyards attached whenever the boat is in motion".

This Fountain may not have made the DVD but it made everything else.

Just constructive criticism here. I don't want to see poker runs end even though my boat is too small to participate.
You're welcome and I completely agree with what you stated.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Simple

In an organized poker run everyone should be wearing life jackets
Do they have a drivers meeting reiterating this rule at this event (passenger said they were in a poker run)

Am i missing somthing? i saw no teather hook up either

Hope everyone heals well this could have been alot worse
Old 09-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

We all like to gawk at a car wreck on the side of the highway.

But what is wrong with you guys pulling up other videos of boat wreck or stupid boaters? This isn't a joke.

Watch the CNN video and look at the aftermath. These people are hurt, in shock and devastated by this. There will be pain, therapy and law suits. I watched that poor female passenger slam the windshield frame at least twice with her face and wince in pain... Wow.

But in all honesty I can't stop playing it. I will never be the man at the wheel and do what I have in the past because of it. I can't imagine doing that to people that trust me.

And the media attention is finally showing us what we have become. These people were really hurt having fun and all media sources are showing it for ratings?

MY EDIT: And the life vests and kill switches would not have changed the outcome. It is a moot post. Don't hook up or vest up and feel safe. I would rather be thrown clear than eat the glass. Even a helmet would save the face but could break the neck.

Last edited by ActiveThunder; 09-05-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Simple

In an organized poker run everyone should be wearing life jackets
Do they have a drivers meeting reiterating this rule at this event (passenger said they were in a poker run)

Am i missing somthing? i saw no teather hook up either

Hope everyone heals well this could have been alot worse
I hate to even do this to you, bro. Can you dig deep and tell some of these guys what it was like to come upon the accident on Smoke? It is still stuck in my head and I will never forget our conversation.

Pat
Old 09-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael1
As stated before, it was NOT a poker run. It was the "Fun Run" the day before.

Michael
They were in the poker run not the fun run. I was by them at
Back Water Jacks where the poker run started.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ARB38
They were in the poker run not the fun run. I was by them at
Back Water Jacks where the poker run started.
Didn't read all the post here, but I saw the vid on face book before even got to OSO. All Poker Runs I been in there was a rigid requirement to wear life jackets while on plane, and lanyards. Question and comments I seen on some of the posts, ( and mind you didn't even read all of them) are so F'd up it's not even funny. Potentiall for a major injury, due to stupid operators. I said it before, and I say it again. ANYTHNG HAPPENS to the boat your are at the helm , IT'S OPERATORS FAULT. Waves, other boats, to fast for the area, no experience etc. etc. or whatever. I would strongly indorse having to have a test and a license to operate a power boat. The racing community. OSO and all other boat clubs/companies should start something. It would only help our sport.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by paradox
didn't read all the post here, but i saw the vid on face book before even got to oso. All poker runs i been in there was a rigid requirement to wear life jackets while on plane, and lanyards. Question and comments i seen on some of the posts, ( and mind you didn't even read all of them) are so f'd up it's not even funny. Potentiall for a major injury, due to stupid operators. I said it before, and i say it again. Anythng happens to the boat your are at the helm , it's operators fault. Waves, other boats, to fast for the area, no experience etc. Etc. Or whatever. I would strongly indorse having to have a test and a license to operate a power boat. The racing community. Oso and all other boat clubs/companies should start something. It would only help our sport.
bingo!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Registered

I dont know if its been said yet, didnt read much past page 25, we all know what needs to be done for safety. On a lighter note I would like to nominate the girls in the boat for boater girls of the week, they sure earned it.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Registered

just went to that tread, saw it was done. good job.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
You can beat this horse all you want,race boat driver race car driver ect.COMMON SENSE.For the conditions your in.JOHN SR

I Hope they all have a speedy recovery
x2, Drive accordingly I always say, but let's try to make something positive form this, the outcome of this event could have been so much worse and would have cast a much darker shadow on the powerboating community. IMO you can't blame waves or water, it's the surface that we choose to propel ourselves over and it's ever changing and we adapt to it as we see fit based on our experience, I'm pretty sure most of us have exceeded our abilities a time or two, I know I have and I learned a lot from it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.