Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In watching one of the videos after the event you can see one of the guys walk up and it looks like he is turning the engines off.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Registered

regardless of what caused it..... lets all be thankful they all can enjoy another day at the lake..
Old 09-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
In watching one of the videos after the event you can see one of the guys walk up and it looks like he is turning the engines off.
I noticed that also, glad he still had a clear ind to do so, wishing all a speedy recovery!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by joe27baja
someone call tosh. O and get them a web redemtion
+1
Old 09-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 88242LS
IMO no, the boat seemed to be so out of shape that a straight bottom would have washed out also
In reality....depending on the drive posistion ...a stepped bottom has a much greater chance of a blow out -especially- if the operater tucked the drives mistakingly thinking it would clear up the chine walk which most people should know will not. Huge difference from a stepped hull to a straight. To me....IMO........the operater in this video was a little aggressive on the sticks. At least in my experience backing off the throttle that hard during a chine walk only makes the problem worse. A race boat is set up VERY differently than a normal production "poker run" boat....i.e weight, center of gravity...etc. etc. That throttle action might work great in a Phantom but wont even come close in a Lightning. Also, depending on water conditions, you take the momentum out of the boat you could get a bow steer issue which could result in a nasty hook...which may have happened in this video. I've never driven a 38. But I have decent seat time in a couple of 29's and a 42.

Considering none of these people were wearing proper PFDs (LIFELINE) they should all be VERY thankful to be alive. One of my best friends got ejected and died in the same exact situation.

*****PLEASE EVERYBODY WEAR LIFE JACKETS******
Old 09-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not going to get into the cruiser wake controversy because I've never had to deal with them and to me it looks like an average size boat wake or maybe just the perfect storm of a couple of wakes that dumped them, but I did find these video's that show just how much trouble the cruiser wakes can be on our boats .
The people on the boat are having a good time with the trouble they cause .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCVPU...hannel&list=UL .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ktgn...hannel&list=UL
Old 09-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mariah212Z
Does the stepped hull have any hand in this??? It looked like there was a dramatic spin out.
In my opinion ,,,,yes,,,,,,although I dont know drive position

But they dont like when you chop throttles like that !!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bert4332
+1
Willing to bet it will make Tosh.

Whens this joker gona post in the thread?

John jr
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 485 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
I'm not going to get into the cruiser wake controversy because I've never had to deal with them and to me it looks like an average size boat wake or maybe just the perfect storm of a couple of wakes that dumped them, but I did find these video's that show just how much trouble the cruiser wakes can be on our boats .
The people on the boat are having a good time with the trouble they cause .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCVPU...hannel&list=UL .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ktgn...hannel&list=UL
A picture is worth a thousand words....
Old 09-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blow-N-Thunder
I think there might be some confusion, this occured on Friday ay 4;52pm. The video you are showing is leaving the shootout on Saturday. While it is still LOTO, this was in no way the conditions the Fountain was in at all during the day. We ran in the poker run and it was a calm day on the lake when compared to most days.
No confusion. we were on the Poker Run on Friday. I was just trying to get people that do not boat at LOTO an idea of how rough it gets there by showing the video from Sat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.