Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tnc110
Is the guy in the blue in the last frame giving the knarly sign or the call for help sign.....
I would think he is giving the hand sign to another boat to call for help..... that's my guess ......
Old 09-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by tnc110
Is the guy in the blue in the last frame giving the knarly sign or the call for help sign.....
OMG, totally missed that. Betting he wasn't thinking "Knarly, dude, let's do that again!"
Old 09-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 275Boss
They even showed it on the local news here in Maine too.

Did anyone notice the passenger on the swim platform in the beginning of video? The boat is in gear and the driver appears to be oblivious of what his passengers are doing back there. Under no circumstances do I ever put my boat in gear unless I see with my own eyes that my passengers are off the platform, sunpad and are in the boat. Years ago I witnessed a passenger on another boat fall off a swim platform while the boat was in gear and cut his foot on the prop requiring stitches - could have been a lot worse! This is just another one of the drivers many mistakes.

I hope all involved are doing well.

My 1st post - since joining in 2005!
... and you get my vote as the best first post on OSO. Wondering when someone was going to catch that...
Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Look where the throttles are positioned in frame 14. Starboard half or more and Port pulled back.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by DucBoy
OMG, totally missed that. Betting he wasn't thinking "Knarly, dude, let's do that again!"
Saw that....I took it as hey! Call 911!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 4,579 Likes on 1,318 Posts
Thats awesome how every critic on this site is such a great seaman and has never made a mistake.
Sure is easy to bust the drivers chops sitting behind a computer isn`t it
Old 09-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I agree with that... I have had things come up quick on me at a whopping 65 MPH... anything can happen out there.... boat racers wreck.....NASCAR drivers wreck....bike racers wreck..all do no matter what...I see some things that could have been avoided. But very few here are innocent of stupidity at one point...

These wrecks are going through my mind sometimes when running 100 or better in friends boats....the older I get as a passenger I like my 63 MPH ride when I am in my own over being a passenger in faster boats...I feel in control...
Old 09-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Thats awesome how every critic on this site is such a great seaman and has never made a mistake.
Sure is easy to bust the drivers chops sitting behind a computer isn`t it
I know this video has scared the hell out of me (same boat to boot) and I would hope it has done the same to the majority of the readers. You may be reading comments of what he did wrong, and yes many may have made the same mistake in the same situation.....however my guess is 95% of the people that have watched this video have learned from it, and that makes this vid invaluable IMO. I wore my lanyard on flat water this past weekend because of this vid, and will now always wear it....just because of this vid.

The stick movement combined with the turning motion is what did him in IMO. I would never turn at that speed, even on flat water, he was definately turning to the starboard before the wave, and used the same throttle control I used to use to purposely dunk my jet boat into a wave for fun. As tradgic as it is I think we all agree he handled the whole situation like a true dangerous amature. Unless a UFO or the lochness monster popped out of the water in front of him, there is no one to blame but the driver.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Banned

Everyone makes mistakes!Last weekend people pulling out at Ocean beach dock went flying a few were hurt!Left a dock line on the jolt threw every one foward I felt bad!It happens he was going slow it was a big boat?? 1 mistake passengers get injured rescue was right there!Just off topic story!Moral to story we all do make mistakes just try to be as safe as possible out there!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DrReedJ
Hey guys, I was a passenger in this boat during the accident. Yes, there are many cardinal rules broken. The most important one I feel is no life jackets worn. As crazy as it seems, we had jackets for each person but as the poker run began we realized no one else was wearing them..... How foolish we were. I have read so many nasty comments on YouTube and other sites I am in shock. My wife suffered 4 broken ribs, punctured lung and a broken foot. She has not left the house since getting home. She is in severe pain. The driver crushed his eye orbital and broke hus back at T8 ( he is a former F-2 racer with APBA). Another passenger who raced professionally for many years broke his pelvis in several places and is in a wheelchair. One of the other girls crushed her eye orbital also. The guy from lake tv fractured his hip and broke his wrist. My injuries were minor compared, busted my head open and damaged a rib or two. Everyone is black and blue. This was a very upsetting event for everyone involved. I have been around powerboats for many years and it only takes on unguarded minute to loose a life or permanently hurt people you love. I am very thankful this did not end up worse. I hope everyone learns from this. I know I will boat differently. All of the guys in the boat are members of OSO. I think it is necessary to break down the accident and discuss this, just remember these are real people who like you who love power boating and do it every weekend.
Wishing everyone a speedy recovery!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.