Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the same guy?!?! At 3:25 it sure looks like him...Read the message at the end of the video?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_xPY...feature=g-vrec

Last edited by pondrunner; 09-07-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

Teather, Vest ??????????????????????????????????????
Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pondrunner
Is this the same guy?!?! At 3:25 it sure looks like him...Read the message at the end of the video?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_xPY...feature=g-vrec
That would be TW720HVY on here that has been posting on this thread and hes never had a foutain.

Last edited by baditude; 09-07-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jolley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

Teather, Vest ??????????????????????????????????????
By all means the guy in the cruiser is responsible. Clearly the wake caused the smaller boat to loose control.....

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Just because you can't get a ticket for something doesn't mean it is perfectly of to do it. You are confusing criminal law and civil law.
Here is how I interpret that statement. Just because you don't break any laws and operate your boat in the manner it was designed, doesnt mean some scum bag lawyer cant sue the pants off of you because someone behind you with much less respect for his safety and the safety of others hurt him self acting like an a-hole and it is time for you to pay!

This is the problem with lawyers. They interpret everything verbatim, as they read it not How it applies in the real world.

Last edited by low_psi; 09-07-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Registered

X-rated since you are so confident your interpretation of the law is the right one, can you please post some past cases that may prove your theory? Not damage to a dock, or a moored boat. But damaged caused by someone in a fairly large offshore boat bei g damaged by the wake of a larger boat while undepower.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,903 Likes on 1,319 Posts

I am at a loss to understand most of this conversation, but if you lose control of your boat for any reason other than mechanical failure or someone colliding with you—assuming that person is at fault—isn't the responsibility for your loss of control, well, yours?

Last time I checked, the throttles go in both directions.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 09-07-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I wasn't assigning blame, it's just what I noticed the first time I saw the video. He appeared to be operating the sticks in a rather clumsy fashion.
First he had his hand upside down to the manner in which I and I'd guess most people would hold the throttles, he then switched back, and when he was on and off the throttle rapidly it looked like he was going the full range (idle to WFO) in a very jerky manner.
I've never driven a faster boat like his before but I've seen some of the vids where like this one of Avatar running wide open in the ocean, the thottleman maintains a much slower and narrower range sweeping motion with the throttle while letting off and reapplying the power.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5Y9NipiVA
It was the first thing I noticed when I saw the video.
My boat is so heavy I've never been out of the water to have to work my sticks, after what I saw I picked up the fact that you should reduce and apply the thottle in a much less abrupt manner and not a long way from the range as to where it was prior to having to power down.

And, CONGRATS, on your new boat. I seem to remember a thread that you might have even been considering a cruiser earlier in the year.
A 38 Lightning with 575sc's has got to be a wicked cool ride indeed!!!

See ya,
Kelly
You are correct about the abrupt throttling and he needs work. But remember when you watch the Avatar video you are also watching one of the best ever on the throttles. (And he has been a racer longer than 10 years...)
Old 09-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Surely there must be other videos from that PR that would show angles that might include boats in front of this Fountain. From the limited view of the water and waves, it doesn't look like he hit a huge cruiser wake, just a vee wake at high speed
Old 09-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Surely there must be other videos from that PR that would show angles that might include boats in front of this Fountain. From the limited view of the water and waves, it doesn't look like he hit a huge cruiser wake, just a vee wake at high speed
There was no cruiser wake..... No one ever said there was. Unfortunately a few guys felt it necessary to turn this thread into a "cruiser wake did it" thread. I am just as guilty as I have been arguing with them.....
Old 09-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Gotcha. So what we have here is go fasts making wakes too large for bad drivers to negotiate at high speed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.