Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 73 Posts

You wonder why people don't like lawyers. If people could take responsibility for there actions you wouldn't need them half the time. I understand the point about cruisers and their wakes. But not this time, there was probably a hundred different wakes out there slamming into each other, so which cruiser is to blame? I don't know how anybody could blame anyone other than the driver after watching that video.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
ya,lets blame reggie,the peopel who made a wake,lets blame everything except for the person driving the fountain,how could he possibly be at fault?WHAT IS WRONG WITH WOU,ARE YOU BLIND?
i agree the guy was standing up no bolster would have kept him in the seat standing up for that or the people just lounging around in the cockpit. Going WOT and lett your passengers stand up, great idea.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 632 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
ya,lets blame reggie,the peopel who made a wake,lets blame everything except for the person driving the fountain,how could he possibly be at fault?WHAT IS WRONG WITH WOU,ARE YOU BLIND?
It was a freakn joke people!,

Only one to blame is Dude w hand on the sticks.

I'm goin boating!! And if I see a certain 56/9 Carver w big azz OU freak flag flyin, I will be fly'n off his Wake. And I know there are a few videos out there already,
so hang da f#%k on

Peace Out
Old 09-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quinlan
I think its Reggies fault
Put in some better bolsters and they stay in their seat.
Just sayn
Originally Posted by Quinlan
It was a freakn joke people!,

Only one to blame is Dude w hand on the sticks.

I'm goin boating!! And if I see a certain 56/9 Carver w big azz OU freak flag flyin, I will be fly'n off his Wake. And I know there are a few videos out there already,
so hang da f#%k on

Peace Out
I am not sure what I find more funny:
- The fact you got truthful responses back on that
- The amount of people that took offense to it
- How you failed to mention this guy is driving YOUR boat this weekend!!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
If you are worried about cruiser wakes, don't even bother even taking your "offshore" boat to the ocean. You want to see a wake, go near a harbor entrance when the big fishing boats come in. It will make a cruiser wake look like a ripple. So will the the swells and chop on many days. It's all part of the experience. You adjust for conditions.
Michael
I'll second this reply for sure.
Michael was spot on. My late FIL had a Mainship performance trawler that was as big as a Greyhound bus and twice as wide in the water, although his wake was huge it still didn't compare to some of the really big sport fisher or the commercial fishing boats.

IMO, only very few of us get to enjoy the ability of hitting multiple salt water bays and the ICW in addition to true offshore powerboating, and also being able to travel some inland rivers and lakes.

This, my internet friends, besides our awesome weather is why the Gulf Coast rocks.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 09-07-2012, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Since we're in question on the blame,

In the spirit of this weeks DNC in Charlotte,
clearly, the blame should be placed on G.W.B.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess if your driving a fountain it's "driver error" however if your a Gazzillionaire with a 200mph cat it's everyone else's fault? Wasnt it a cruiser wake that was "to blame" for the My Way mishap?

Hmmm.....
Old 09-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
I guess if your driving a fountain it's "driver error" however if your a Gazzillionaire with a 200mph cat it's everyone else's fault? Wasnt it a cruiser wake that was "to blame" for the My Way mishap?

Hmmm.....
no,it was driver error
Old 09-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Registered

I agree! I was just pointing out how many people on THIS thread consider it "driver error" and how many people on the "other" thread (based on a similiar topic) where quick to blame someone else.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
So again, I ask you (x-rated) to please post one prior case that proves your point..... I am not making personal attacks. But just countering your poor interpretation of the law.
I'm in New Orleans enjoying myself. Plus I get paid (well) to do legal research. The chances of me doing it just to prove to you something I already know are pretty damned slim. Maybe next week and then only maybe.

But someone hit it on the button - there is no evidence of a cruiser wake causing this accident, so this is really the wrong thread and I got sucked in by some of the ppl saying cruisers can do whatever they want. For what it's worth, I was just over at the river watching a container ship go by throwing a 3 foot wake. I guess the captain just had plenty of time to get his load wherever it was going - probably not a safety thing. Lol If he can keep his wake small, why can't cruisers?

Last edited by X-Rated30; 09-08-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.