Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 874 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
I always ask my passengers how they feel since I used to be terrified of going fast until I was 18 or so. I've even completely missed 7/8ths of a run due to my friend being scared once. Turned around and went slow back.
Good for you...I do the same since other passengers that I've invited sometimes become uncomfortable with the speed.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5hChT-l6Jw
Old 09-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Registered

those dubstepped videos were pretty crazy.....I will be honest and admit I laughed some at those, but it was a pretty serious incident and I feel bad for laughing....but damn

the slow motion makes it almost worse because as someone else pointed out you can really see the facial expressions.....you have to give it to the girl in the pink she was into it right till the very end

the driver looks about like he just had a heart attack out of the blue.....after that he is lucky he didn't and I am glad it appears they are all OK for the most part...several of them are lucky they don't require some serious maxillofacial surgery...and yea lanyards and vest people and don't over crowd the boat.....and if you are going from full throttle to no throttle.....you probably don't need to be going to full throttle

honestly that whole news report was pretty sad.....watch your damn kids at the lake people please
Old 09-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks like both the driver, and the female passenger, came very close to head-butting that metal hand rail. She might have hit it. Not safe and prudent, nor does it look like the driver was even close to being able to read the water, or pilot that boat in a safe manner. That incident easily could have produced some very serious injuries, or worse.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tlr
i couldn't resist, the dubstep edition:

77e8h6qkdvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77e8h6qkdvg
lmfao!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Registered

I'm just glad no one was thrown out of the boat, without a life vest on.... It could have been much worse. Im glad everyone's ok. That video shows everyone how fast things can go from fun to disaster on the water. Wow.!!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by wavehoppa
Jim Darr
Old 09-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happened to me, a broken nose and ribs and i learned my lesson. I had the boat trimmed to much and caught a wake wrong. I was wearing my lanyards thank God, because i ended up under the passenger seat. The boat had horrible balance and i should have known better. I always tell passengers if you become scared, just tap me on the shoulder or tell the person behind me to.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Registered

These guys were running next to us in the start of the poker run on friday. We were in my buddies 38' donzi till a drive let loose 40 miles from the dock.(8 hr drive back) That guy in the video, I think he said he was from Iowa, but I believe they regularly boat at the lake. The Lake of the Ozarks is very difficult to boat at and crazy stuff happens here. The waves are so big and they come from every direction and double up all the time making them very unpredictable. People just don't understand till they get here. Some people we know were up here from TX and stuffed their 36' concept center console. Tore up the boat and sent a couple of them to the hospital with minor injuries. They were ultra experienced boaters. Driving here is a whole different world. I have stuffed my boat more than once. We stuffed the 38' donzi zr last year. On Saturday leaving the shootout we had a wave come halfway up the sun pad on the 42' searay.

Check out this video of leaving the shoot out that someone posted on you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTJpDZ6sqkw
This is the craziest boating day of the year. It did not help that a storm rolled in and chased thousands of boats out at once.

Last edited by rchuntlsl; 09-01-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:06 AM

Default Slam

Originally Posted by glassdave
+1 . . . . it terrifies me how many operators simply cannot read their environment or are aware of their own abilities.

ad "Kodak Courage" and a camera to that and . . . . well . . . .

noticed that to did'ya. Mark of a throttle man that is clueless right there . . . . full on / full off / full on / full off . . . . .
Look at the girla head hit the side window frame - like Twice !!! Thats going to leave a mark. We (ALL) have to live and learn I hope he did

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.