Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No need... never lose my grip on the "stick" lmfao!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
No need... never lose my grip on the "stick" lmfao!
I never lose mine!!!! Had to do it...
Attached Thumbnails Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover-524363_4463145174521_1347142086_n.jpg  
Old 09-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by excalibur82
LMFAO! This thread needs this!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

Guys like HIM are why WE pay such high insurance premiums. It's a shame when having enough money to buy a performance boat, gives you license to THINK you are the fastest guy on the water. No jackets,, no lanyards... people walking in the cockpit....only thing missing was a ROAD map (showing the lake he was on ) flying around the cockpit. Who CARES if he is ok? He gives us ALL a bad name !
Old 09-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by excalibur82
:cool cowboy:
Old 09-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Old Stinger
Guys like HIM are why WE pay such high insurance premiums. It's a shame when having enough money to buy a performance boat, gives you license to THINK you are the fastest guy on the water. No jackets,, no lanyards... people walking in the cockpit....only thing missing was a ROAD map (showing the lake he was on ) flying around the cockpit. Who CARES if he is ok? He gives us ALL a bad name !
I care it's a shame you care about insurance over human lives??Learn from this don't slander him me made a mistake?Money I'm sure he works for what he has so don't jinx yourself unless you are 100% perfect with no boating mishaps???None of us are!PS this is a go fast forum!LOL
Old 09-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Big Water Offshore Boat???

For years I have always thought that a 38 ft Fountain and similar offshore boats could handle any rough lake water. Boy was I mistaken.

No boat is immune to even rough lake water let alone offshore conditions!!

Running in my 22ft bow rider, I will never look at these dream boats in the same way. But still want one!

I have been though some rough water in my 22ft mid 60s but have never had that kind of reaction??????

Running in the 100+ range seems crazy after watching that clip.

Everyone needs to be cautious.

Last edited by Mariah212Z; 09-16-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mariah212Z
For years I have always thought that a 38 ft Fountain and similar offshore boats could handle any rough lake water. Boy was I mistaken.

No boat is immune to even rough lake water let alone offshore conditions!!

Running in my 22ft bow rider, I will never look at these dream boats in the same way. But still want one!

I have been though some rough water in my 22ft mid 60s but have never had that kind of reaction??????

Running in the 100+ range seems crazy after watching that clip.

Everyone needs to be cautious.
What you say is half true IMO. You must still respect these boat, but I still think driver error caused it.

Find a road with a slight turn and potholes in it, go around the curve working you gas and brake in the car like he was in this boat, see of you make it through the turn.

Fountain makes one of the safest fast boats out there, this video makes our boating style look dangerous, which in most cases it is not
Old 09-17-2012, 08:45 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

This may have already been said many pages ago but here is my 2 cents on this unfortunate embarrassing incident for our sport.

Why do people try to make more out of it than what it was... it's plain as day and you can see many reasons why the driver of the boat had no reason to be behind the throttles. He showed complete lack of responsiblity and safety for his passengers. This was caused by complete stupidity! (period)

He absolutely had no idea of what could happen at those speeds and conditions due to his in experience which was exhibited by the way he pushed the throttles and drove at high speed in rough conditions with passengers standing in unsafe areas without life vests. Therefore it was blatant recklessness with disregard to the safety of his passengers. He's dam lucky he did'nt kill one of them.

Ok keep the excuses coming as to why it wasn't the drivers fault. Probably should blame Reggie for building such a poor handling boat.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO ONE has said it wasn't the driver's fault. And to emphasize this point, I am adding a bunny smilie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.