Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-25-2013, 01:05 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 550 Posts

Any long term update on these passengers? Seems as though a few people knew people in the boat.

I ran across this version of the video while searching for another video. I had never seen this full cut before all the way though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtUUNPrRHKc Couple thoughts new thoughts that came to me after viewing the above footage.

1) As soon as the girl in middle said "OUCH" and a few four letter words after hurting her hand by sticking it in the bolster while looking for additional grip; the boat should have been brought off plain and the situation addressed. If the Captain was not aware of the injury, someone should have brought it to his attention.

2) I've been around this sport for a while, and spent 10 years as a FF/EMT. I've seen some really bad shlt. After watching all 6+ minutes of this video, especially the aftermath; I get sick to my stomach.

In light of recent events, let's take a second to pause in the name of safety.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:35 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

not one single time does this moron ever check on his passengers, not a quick look over the shoulder, nothing. . . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-25-2013, 02:47 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly. Always make sure where your people are at. If they are standing or sitting on the pad, tell them to get the hell down. The whole thing was screaming disaster. Not to mention people standing with out a bolster or a decent hand grip, it was a bit choppy out. The chick in the yellow was said to have got a broken rib and some other injuries, but she looks like she is fine there. Maybe adrenaline, but damn broke ribs hurt.

John jr

Last edited by Fenderjack; 09-25-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I think that this driver has taken enough heat but this video shows half a dozen things done wrong. Passengers without seats or proper hand holds, guy drinking a beer, guy on swim platform when driver planes out, no tether, no life jackets, not enough monitoring by driver. Maybe Tres can use it in his course as an example of what not to do. I am glad that no one died and no one was really seriously injured. The younger girl never looked comfortable and should not have been on board. Fortunately now we can all learn from this video.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I think that this driver has taken enough heat but this video shows half a dozen things done wrong. Passengers without seats or proper hand holds, guy drinking a beer, guy on swim platform when driver planes out, no tether, no life jackets, not enough monitoring by driver. Maybe Tres can use it in his course as an example of what not to do. I am glad that no one died and no one was really seriously injured. The younger girl never looked comfortable and should not have been on board. Fortunately now we can all learn from this video.
You pretty much nailed it all. He turned back 2-3 times to assess his passengers before he throttled out, apparently unconcerned that they were all standing. The one guy on the swim platform was scary. One fall backwards and he would probably have been turned into hamburg.

As they all kept standing, searching for anything to hold onto as cowboy kept upping the speed in rougher water, he was totally unaware of what was going on inside his boat. I don't care if you have an 18 foot bowrider or a 38 foot whatever, you ALWAYS should be attentive to your passengers. The way that boat spun, anyone of them or more than one could easily have been ejected. No PFD on, God help anyone that was rendered unable to swim.

With my kids or anyone in my boat, the rule was, no throttle until you sit down.

That was a top ten most irresponsible boater video.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing the Fountain stayed idling the whole time

It looked as if the throttles are still pegged after the spin, but that might be the only smart thing he did was yanking back the throttles before he took a dirt nap.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He was clearly a tough guy driving for the video camera. Full throttle in rough water ?? Really ?? And every time I see that video I see all of those passengers bouncing around. When I get in the rough stuff, I check my passengers and if they look like rag dolls, I slow the f**ck down. As stated above this is a great video for training purposes.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by VtSteve
You pretty much nailed it all. He turned back 2-3 times to assess his passengers before he throttled out, apparently unconcerned that they were all standing. The one guy on the swim platform was scary. One fall backwards and he would probably have been turned into hamburg.

As they all kept standing, searching for anything to hold onto as cowboy kept upping the speed in rougher water, he was totally unaware of what was going on inside his boat. I don't care if you have an 18 foot bowrider or a 38 foot whatever, you ALWAYS should be attentive to your passengers. The way that boat spun, anyone of them or more than one could easily have been ejected. No PFD on, God help anyone that was rendered unable to swim.

With my kids or anyone in my boat, the rule was, no throttle until you sit down.

That was a top ten most irresponsible boater video.
He was "planking"!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508554[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover-planking.png  
Old 09-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Registered

OK so the guy should have been checking his passengers. Got it.
But wait, theres more!
If he would have been looking around at his passengers, people would be on here slamming him for taking his eyes off the water.
Plus lets not forget the life jacket police!

Did this guy do something wrong? Obviously. Was I there to know what happened to cause this? No. Were you? No. How many of you posting exactly what he did wrong have ever been IN a 38 Fountain, let alone actually driven one?

Is this what this website has become? People sitting behind their computers just waiting for the chance for someone to post a pic or video they analyze, tear apart and ridicule the operator for the negligence?

I try to be as safe as possible when I boat. It is MY responsibility to operate it in a safe manner, not yours. It is sad that soon NO ONE will want to post pics of any runs on this site or they will be criticized all to see by people who nothing of the subject and were not even there.

Last edited by SummerObsession; 09-25-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
OK so the guy should have been checking his passengers. Got it.
But wait, theres more!
If he would have been looking around at his passengers, people would be on here slamming him for taking his eyes off the water.
Plus lets not forget the life jacket police!

Did this guys do something wrong Obviously. Was I there to know what happened to cause this? No. Were you? No. How many of you posting exactly what he did wrong have ever been IN a 38 Fountain, let alone actually driven one?

Is this what this website has become? People sitting behind their computers just waiting for the chance for someone to post a pic or video they analyze, tear apart and ridicule the operator for the negligence?

I try to be as safe as possible when I boat. It is MY responsibility to operate it in a safe manner, not yours. It is sad that soon NO ONE will want to post pics of any runs on this site or they will be criticized all to see by people who nothing of the subject and were not even there.
So bitter....you been hanging out with T2X? This guy didn't post his video.....someone else did and yes this is a discussion board. Yes, I am at a computer right now and not on a boat. It is Wednesday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.