Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
Something like this can happen to any of us at any time... is the driver to blame? maybe, but im sure we are all guilty of driving to fast for conditions at one time or another.

I wish everyone a speedy recovery. Be safe friends.
It almost looked like the deep cockpit, and full wrap windshield kept the people in the boat. Thankfully they all stayed in the boat. they all had some serious injuries, and being hurt, disorientated, and thrown into the water at that speed without a life jacket on would have been a disaster. I'm so happy that everyone will recover and be ok.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Just a sanity check here: y'all know that you don't pull the sticks all the way back when you air the props right?
just to be safe I shut my engine off before re-entry.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Doubt 90, prob in the 50-70 range.

John jr
My guess too. Anything faster and they would have been ejected or the windshield would have been destroyed by her face and vice versa.

All were very lucky if you call that luck.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
Let me first jump on the Tres band wagon as I didn't want to "have" to take the course... Been running fast boats for years with nothing close to an incident. Wanted a cat and ta da... "have" to take the course. Well I can say that it probably saved me eventually having something happen catastrophic. You might be like me and not think you need any instruction but if you learn just one thing about your boat or the trim angle or the tab settings that could save you... what's the price of you or your passengers safety? for many of us the price of the course is a lot less than our deductible so stick your pride in a sock and give Tres a call.

I am like others and really hate that somebody posted that video. If you have a video of something bad happening ... keep it to yourself as it does nothing but promote that our sport is violent and for crazy folks. Don't think for a second that the insurance industry isn't watching and just can't wait to raise our rates or deductibles or whatever. The water is the last place in America we can get out with some freedom and use big horsepower. The YouTube jockeys are ruining it for us all!!
Your right, talked to Tres few weeks ago. We defiantly are doing his class.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tres
Yes it was on fox news today. This is disappointing, as it may be used in the future for any reason for example our boating rights!! The fact that anyone may have been tossed out without PROPER life jackets may have been tragic. This with proper instruction could have been avoided. Settings and reactions are contributors as well the conditions. This bothers me just to watch as some may laugh, the insurance companies will not. Without high jacking this thread, Tres Martin’s Performance Boat School will donate a Lifeline Jacket to every person who enrolls in the month of September 2012 for HPC and UPC course only.
Hoping for a speedy recovery to all those injured in the boat.
Good knowledge and skills can save lives!
www.performanceboatschool.com

(Jackets will be issued after the completion of the course, high performance pleasure jacket only #160, a $360 dollar value, tax and shipping charges not included)
Tres, I would like to hear your take on this too. Not sure what you could tell from the video, if anything.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Registered

Besides the obvious safety issues stated above, I find it sad that NO one on that boat would have cared or even noticed if he ran the boat 10 mph slower.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope all a speedy and well recovery, another reason runs will come to a end in a few years, we need to self regulate ourselves, I hope this video tells us that, but someone should have thrown that camera in the drink asap,

I have never been to LOTO, but our river gets like that, waves bouncing off each other all day can lead to a nightmare, its not like running in the open lake in predictable waves,
Old 09-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Registered

Most of us are nothing more then weekend warriors, no professional training. We all need to use common sense. I am guilty of not wearing a life jacket (that will change). I also try to learn something new everytime I hit the water, we all have made mistakes in boating and if you haven't yet, you will. With that being said, it sounds like the man driving this boat has a bit more experience then most, and I think the common sense factor went out the window. When people come on are boats we are responsible for them. The people in that boat looked like popcorn way before things took a turn for the worst.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 4,579 Likes on 1,318 Posts

Too early?

http://whatisboating.ytmnd.com/

Speedy recovery to all !!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Registered

We don't know what the water was. Full on full off in sec's We don't know what it looked like or what they were thinking. If the cam was facing the water then we might could say what we would have done. I know now that LOTO is like offshore or worse. Judge not an learn. Artie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.