Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
I hate to even do this to you, bro. Can you dig deep and tell some of these guys what it was like to come upon the accident on Smoke? It is still stuck in my head and I will never forget our conversation.

Pat
Pat

I pulled up some old pics of the boat upsidown as we came up on it at our event. I do not have a full membership right now or I would post. It is a sobering photo

Pat they still need teathers and life jackets (did not help at SOTW) but still a good idea and you are correct if we do not act differently in our boats during a poker run this whole thing will be GAME OVER
Old 09-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope everyone can keep this in the back of their mind every time you go out. This could have been anyone of us. It only takes a second of lost concentration and that guy is you. I find it interesting that the stern camera has not made it's way online yet. I am guessing it was the boat owners and destroyed. It would have been interesting to see if it provide a better picture of the conditions. As for many guys stating he was showing off for the camera, I disagree. Once you own a few Go Pros you don't even know they are there until something happens and you go back and watch it. Cameras are inexpensive and most have them these days. I know many boats including myself that run multiple cameras every poker run. I am just happy everyone will recover.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Keep up already.
LOL I guess I wouldn't make a very good juror.

Michael
Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stepped Hulls???

Does the stepped hull have any hand in this??? It looked like there was a dramatic spin out.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Life vest were mandatory, right off the website: http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.o...rrunterms.html

There is also a 70MPH speed limit on The Lake's Poker Runs as well.

[I]TERMS AND CONDITIONS

4) Personal flotation devices (PFD's/Life Jackets) are mandatory and are to be worn by all participants during this event while the boat is in operation. If you are not wearing life jackets - there will be no pictures taken of your boat and you will not be shown on the DVD made of the event. All drivers should have kill switch lanyards attached during the poker run.
Doesn't seem like much of an enforcement measure. How about "No PFDs, No Cards"?

Michael
Old 09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Pat

I pulled up some old pics of the boat upsidown as we came up on it at our event. I do not have a full membership right now or I would post. It is a sobering photo

Pat they still need teathers and life jackets (did not help at SOTW) but still a good idea and you are correct if we do not act differently in our boats during a poker run this whole thing will be GAME OVER
Upload to ImageShack or PhotoBucket you can link them from there....
Old 09-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mariah212Z
Does the stepped hull have any hand in this??? It looked like there was a dramatic spin out.
IMO no, the boat seemed to be so out of shape that a straight bottom would have washed out also
Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok I'll say it "Apache" enough said!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 519 Likes on 309 Posts

Is it just me or is the rapid throttling edited out of the original link?
Edit it was just me.

Last edited by cheech; 09-05-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
I hate to even do this to you, bro. Can you dig deep and tell some of these guys what it was like to come upon the accident on Smoke? It is still stuck in my head and I will never forget our conversation.

Pat
Not that it matters and is a bad scene and memory for many, I do not know the people involved but I watched that OL role by Holland at the SOTW poker run and have many pics of the boat getting pulled in the channel upside down. when it rolled it looked like a atomic bomb went off!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.