Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
who ever is doing this, its not cool, lets learn from this not become a bunch of idiots
Old 09-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by low_psi
NO he shouldn't! He has every right to that water way. I just don't understand your view point. If not in a no wake zone the cruiser is entitled to power his boat just as much as any other boat. there is no one forcing the guy to follow that cruiser as close as he is.
Wow. That's just common courtesy. And remember the part where legally, a captain is responsible for damage caused by his wake? You wouldn't feel responsible for someone getting hurt by your wake?
Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Wow. That's just common courtesy. And remember the part where legally, a captain is responsible for damage caused by his wake? You wouldn't feel responsible for someone getting hurt by your wake?
Your interpretation of that law is a little clouded. No law enforcement office is going to write a ticket to the cruiser while 20 other boats are trying to crawl up his a$$. If a cruiser comes running up on a small fishing boat and swamps it then yes. But that is NOT what is happening in that video. You need to sit down with some folks from the coast guard and/or local law enforcement so you can understand the law.

Are there any docks or property being damaged? No all of the boats that are behind this crusier have the option of falling back, passing, or just waiting until he is gone. So what do you think would happen if the cruiser just all of a sudden shut it down, like you are suggesting? Of of the close following boats would probably end up getting pissed because they had to avoid a 50' obstruction. Or even possibly hit him because he just stopped while others behing him were running on plane.

It sounds like you need to be boating on your own private lake or pond.

You fail to realize all of the boats behind this cruiser have the option of being there. no one forced them to follow the cruiser. If a boat speeds up on a cruiser making a wake and then jumps its wake and suffers damage, that boat CHOOSE to pass the cruiser. There is no magical force field that forces smaller boats to travel behind a big cruiser.

Last edited by low_psi; 09-06-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
who ever is doing this, its not cool, lets learn from this not become a bunch of idiots
We are already there, sadly.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
You're out of your mind. Get yourself a large Cat excavator and about 3000 acres and dig a lake. Then you won't have to worry about "cruiser wakes". Has it occured to you that as a whole, the high performance boater is the extreme minority? The majority of boaters don't care about you wanting to run 100MPH in wake free water.

Your logic is so skewed it's laughable.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pasquesi
We are already there, sadly.
Yeah, I originally thought the first remix video was funny. As a matter of fact I laughed till my stomach hurt. But this was BEFORE I read that the injuries are much more sever than originally reported. None of the injuries suffered in this incident are what I would call minor.... A small cut to the forehead, or a broken finger are minor. A broken pelivs, punctured lung, etc. Thats pretty sever in my book....

And lets stop with all this cruiser wake BS. There was no cruiser wake. THis happened during a poker run. There has been no witness to this mythical cruiser that created the wake. So take your hatred toward cruiser and thier destructive evil wakes to a different thread. Or maybe start a thread in the sailboat section.... Oh thats right this is a performace boat forum.

Last edited by low_psi; 09-06-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pasquesi
You're out of your mind. Get yourself a large Cat excavator and about 3000 acres and dig a lake. Then you won't have to worry about "cruiser wakes". Has it occured to you that as a whole, the high performance boater is the extreme minority? The majority of boaters don't care about you wanting to run 100MPH in wake free water.

Your logic is so skewed it's laughable.
Never thought I'd even read it, but you and low_psi and others have nailed it. The sheer idiocy of following too closely behind a cruiser like that is plain for most to see. Especially so when a boat is so propped up for top speed it can't get on plane in less than a mile or even more, all the while throwing a huge wake as it plows forward.

If the feelings of big bad cruiser wakes are bad and I can do whatever persist, I doubt any number of sane people in the boating world can save us from the sheer arrogance of it all. It's a very similar attitude that some blowboaters have even while under power. But it is performance boating that will perish, not sailing.

In the end, it's always the attitude that ruins everything.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Everyone tsalks about a wake when these are offshore boats, hit it right, its not the wakes fault in my opinion... we run in big azz water and the wake is an issue?? come on....

I get hitting it wrong, thats not the wakes fault... and if your unsure you have time to slow down first..
Old 09-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I've never driven a faster boat like his before but I've seen some of the vids where like this one of Avatar running wide open in the ocean, the thottleman maintains a much slower and narrower range sweeping motion with the throttle while letting off and reapplying the power.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5Y9NipiVA
It was the first thing I noticed when I saw the video.
Kelly, thanks for posting the video... good find.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At what point is a boat too big for Loto? 60', 80', 90'? If there isn't a gross tonnage limit put into affect at some point there will be a speed limit put into place to counter act all the injuries caused by "falls within boats" which really won't solve the problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.