Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, you two could be twins! Ha ha, sorry for throwing it out there, but you do make a GREAT video!!! I had my 26 footer for 11 years, Hang on to it, an excellent size for alot of reasons!

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
I am glad you watched my video to the end, I imagine most people don't.

I wish I had that Fountain over my little 26'... I probably wouldn't be on this forum crying about cruiser wakes.

I can completely understand the confusion, us shaved head guys all look alike. But the guy in the Fountain is much better looking and is doing something in life right to have a boat like that. Me on the other hand for the last 10 years have been trying to figure what to do when I grow up.

You are absolutely right, my trailer could easily another 6"-12" of bunk height. Now I have the IMCO 2" shorty, good news I can put it almost all the way down. But the funny thing, with it being down more, I just struck a brand new BBlades lab'd prop in less than one minute of being in the water and only 2 hours out of the box. So along with my U-joints, brand new prop and wallet.... EVERYTHING IS COMPLAINING!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Registered

I do a lot of boating on Lake Travis. I had thought rough water was coming out of Devil Cove in on a holiday weekend was rough. That water is not as rough as going back home from Aquapalooza when Brad Pasley played. There were several thousand boats all going the same direction close to the same time and the water was rough to say the least.

Even though the water was rough it was nothing like going over some crusier wakes. When I had my 26' eliminator and going fairly slow over them there was a time I top one wave and fell into the valley between the tops. I had even tried gettng off plane and trying to idle over them to see if I could get over them easier. I was so concerned about these waves hitting them at speed I took Tres's boat course to learn how to get over them better. I was taught a lot and now when I ride with friends I tend to tell them what they are doing wrong.

In reading a number of the posts I get the feeling that there are a lot of people that really have not seen some big cruiser wakes.

Knowing that these wakes are out there has slowed me way down with the fear of hitting them at speed.

Last edited by Turbojack; 09-08-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did "Tres" have to say about all this?
I have searched and searched and cannot find anything after "I will post today".
Did I miss it?
Old 09-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopie
I have searched and searched and cannot find anything after "I will post today".
Did I miss it?
Yes you did. I can't remember we're but some where in the middle of all this is Tres' explination....

Here on the Detroit river not only do we see some big cruiser wakes, we are, in some places, forced to deal with them in very tight areas. Due to very shallow waters you have to stay in the narrow shipping channels.. So when passing (or in opposite direction) a big cruiser you usually have to do it fairly close to the source. I just wave (no pun intended) and go about my day...
Old 09-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered

This was me in 1995 on Lake Lanier in a 24ft Python. I was alone hot dogging around early on a Sunday morning in October. I was teathered but not well enough. I was ejected at 74 mph and the boat continued on and went 300 feet into a parking lot. The good lord was watching over me, cause the park was closed for the season and I wasn't knocked unconcious. I did shatter my leg on the windscreen as I went over. It all happened in a fraction of a second. I am very lucky to be here today. It could have been FAR worse.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 745 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Yes you did. I can't remember we're but some where in the middle of all this is Tres' explination....

Here on the Detroit river not only do we see some big cruiser wakes, we are, in some places, forced to deal with them in very tight areas. Due to very shallow waters you have to stay in the narrow shipping channels.. So when passing (or in opposite direction) a big cruiser you usually have to do it fairly close to the source. I just wave (no pun intended) and go about my day...
Years ago in my C.C. we came up on the Boblo boat going way to fast. Pulled around to pass and hit the bow wake, launched and stayed launched for my life to pass before me and say a few prayers. Fortunately we hit it square and carried some speed and landed nose high.
ed
Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mopie
Did I miss it?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/3769727-post323.html
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/3769701-post320.html
Old 09-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by wrager
This was me in 1995 on Lake Lanier in a 24ft Python. I was alone hot dogging around early on a Sunday morning in October. I was teathered but not well enough. I was ejected at 74 mph and the boat continued on and went 300 feet into a parking lot. The good lord was watching over me, cause the park was closed for the season and I wasn't knocked unconcious. I did shatter my leg on the windscreen as I went over. It all happened in a fraction of a second. I am very lucky to be here today. It could have been FAR worse.
Wow!

Did you have a life vest on?

Sorry about your misfortune, but glad things weren't worse. Thanks for posting. It sure is a good reminder of how fast things can go wrong.

Michael
Old 09-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
I do a lot of boating on Lake Travis. I had thought rough water was coming out of Devil Cove in on a holiday weekend was rough. That water is not as rough as going back home from Aquapalooza when Brad Pasley played. There were several thousand boats all going the same direction close to the same time and the water was rough to say the least.

Even though the water was rough it was nothing like going over some crusier wakes. When I had my 26' eliminator and going fairly slow over them there was a time I top one wave and fell into the valley between the tops. I had even tried gettng off plane and trying to idle over them to see if I could get over them easier. I was so concerned about these waves hitting them at speed I took Tres's boat course to learn how to get over them better. I was taught a lot and now when I ride with friends I tend to tell them what they are doing wrong.

In reading a number of the posts I get the feeling that there are a lot of people that really have not seen some big cruiser wakes.

Knowing that these wakes are out there has slowed me way down with the fear of hitting them at speed.
I agree, If you do not boat there, you have no clue how big these cruiser wakes get.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
I am glad you watched my video to the end, I imagine most people don't.
Heyyyy that's you? I thought the vid was cool, the camera mounted to the boat on the way to the lake, pretty neat. But now we know what you look like haha!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.