Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not bitter, just a low theshold for idiocy.
It's obviously not just this thread, it spills over into lots of them recently.
Some people are just JackApples I guess.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

After seeing the full length video the only thing I can say is....dammn that is a nice sounding boat cruising by around the three minute mark!

Hope all that were involved have fully recovered.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Couple thoughts new thoughts that came to me after viewing the above footage.

1) As soon as the girl in middle said "OUCH" and a few four letter words after hurting her hand by sticking it in the bolster while looking for additional grip; the boat should have been brought off plain and the situation addressed. If the Captain was not aware of the injury, someone should have brought it to his attention.

2) I've been around this sport for a while, and spent 10 years as a FF/EMT. I've seen some really bad shlt. After watching all 6+ minutes of this video, especially the aftermath; I get sick to my stomach.

3) I think there is a garment malfunction at 2:18-ish on the green bikini.

Just trying to be observant!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
3) I think there is a garment malfunction at 2:18-ish on the green bikini.

Just trying to be observant!
Now THAT is a great reason to bring up an old video and analyze every second of it!
Well done sir!
Old 09-26-2013, 01:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
The chick in the yellow was said to have got a broken rib and some other injuries, but she looks like she is fine there. Maybe adrenaline, but damn broke ribs hurt.
She hit the sticks and bent them. A broken rib seems easily possible.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I think that this driver has taken enough heat but this video shows half a dozen things done wrong. Passengers without seats or proper hand holds, guy drinking a beer, guy on swim platform when driver planes out, no tether, no life jackets, not enough monitoring by driver. Maybe Tres can use it in his course as an example of what not to do. I am glad that no one died and no one was really seriously injured. The younger girl never looked comfortable and should not have been on board. Fortunately now we can all learn from this video.
Guy drinking beer on a boat...hmmm, that never happens. Thats terrible, what was he thinking!
Old 09-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
He was "planking"!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508554[/ATTACH]
I'm in full agreement about laughter, Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert.

Very happy to hear that all are ok ! This video has already changed a lot of people's boating habits and brought awareness of how dangerous this sport can be !

With that being said .....The " PLANKING " comment had me on the floor laughing hard enough to wake up my wife! Funniest comment I've read on here !
Old 09-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Banned

Post accident does he still boat or have this boat??Did not read all previous posts ?Update damage,injurys,law suits?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
I'm in full agreement about laughter, Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert.
Yes, thank goodness all the viewers can laugh about it... that accident has really been tough on all of us.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Banned

Just watched the video again he was wide open a few times so he was hauling the mail!Just wonder if he kept the boat and avoided a law suit ??Guy with smashed head was pissed at him looked that way to me???Hope everyone is Ok and he went back to boating???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.