Notices

OT - Who here smokes cigarettes?

Old 07-10-2002, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by MissAmy
Bo~

I am sure many of them want to and are trying.

If it were that easy to quit, there probably wouldn't even be any smokers around anymore.

Yep, that about sums it up!
Old 07-10-2002, 07:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cuda,

I think you're mistaken. For all these years, I always thought the sun set in the west.

Old 07-10-2002, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

smoke em if ya got em.........
Old 07-10-2002, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jennifer -- Get the camera to me and I'll teach you NEW vices that will make smoking look good for you.

P.S. I e-mailed you.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:13 PM
Bo Knows

Hey Cuda,

Glad to hear your quitting !! Try Nicoderm, or the patch, or get hypnotized, try Zyban, anything to quit ! I'll be rooting for ya. Hell, being an old Mopar enthusiast I'd root for anybody named Cuda !!

Bo

Old 07-10-2002, 08:32 PM
Registered

Do you remember that cool old song? It went----
Smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette.
Puff, puff, puff on that weed?

I wish I had the lyrics, it was such a hoot. Anyone?
Old 07-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Registered

fountain1fan does and I LOVE IT sunseeker ny keep on puffin at least i can still smoke on my boat ha ha ha
Old 07-10-2002, 10:30 PM
Wildfire

The Missus and I both quit a year ago last February. She patched, I went cold turkey. Talk about a bad 8 weeks. I had 2 weeks of physical addiction, then 2 weeks of thinking I wanted a smoke. After that it was just remembering that I don't smoke anymore. 10 years of bad habit gone - no slips.

The Missus went ballistic a few times, but she got through it as well. She was a heavier smoker, so I suppose it was tougher for her.

Good luck if you chose to quit. It helps to have a good reason. I tried a few times just to see if I could, never made it more than a few months. This time, the Missus told her Mom that I wouldn't support her desire to stop - I showed them both by quitting the next day. Then it was put up or shut up. Sounds bad, but it worked.

Old 07-10-2002, 11:17 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i quit a year ago. SMoked 1-2 packs a day. WHen i finally quit i cut back to parliment menthols. Anything was better than the newports i was smoking. Actually i dunno before newports it was camels (non filtered, my dad smoked em so we woudl buya few cartons and geta discount) and before those it was reds. I needed to quit.

As for the russian marlboros, They suck. The actual russian brands are better. Don't ask (i've traveled a hell of alot). But lemme tell you Gallouas (spelled wrong) they are french in blue packs. Those cigs will tear your balls off!!!!
Old 07-11-2002, 12:28 AM
Registered

Hey Jennifer,
I've got your solution, CANDY STICKS ! They can't call them cigarettes any more because they cause kids to smoke. They're a lot cheaper than the real thing. They won't do much for your waistline or teeth but may quench the urge. I feel people should be able to smoke if they want, but if it's just because they are addicted to them then it's all right to try and help them quit. If you want to quit just post it here and I'm sure you will find lots of support. You seem like a very strong person and if you wanted to quit I am sure you could. Nothing worth while comes easy!

Dan

BTW, I also have "Chocolate Cigarettes".

Quick Reply: OT - Who here smokes cigarettes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.