Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT - Who here smokes cigarettes? >

OT - Who here smokes cigarettes?

Notices

OT - Who here smokes cigarettes?

Old 07-10-2002, 04:35 PM
SunseekerNY

Default OT - Who here smokes cigarettes?

I got this notice in my mailbox yesterday that the US Post Office had a package for me. When I went to pick it up, I thought I was going to be interrogated by the FBI. The package was from St. Petersburg, Russia, and they made me open it in front of them.

Surprise, surprise, surprise.

I ordered cigarettes for $19.95 a carton off the internet from an Indian reservation in Texas, and this is what they sent me. The Marlboro packs are in Russian......

Your tax dollars - not at work! Cigarettes are now $70 a carton in NY City.

Jennifer

Old 07-10-2002, 04:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Whoa, whoa....WOW!!! -- 70 bucks?
Holy Chit?!

Are you serious, I buy cartons of Marlboro for 24-25 bucks here!

I can tell you this much--the smokes will not be the same as you're used to. When I was traveling Europe, Marlboro having the name recognition that it does can be found in almost any counrty, but it is all locally grown and packaged under license.

When I ran out of the ones I brought from the states and had to buy some there, I was really dissappointed...tasted like chit and harsh as hell! I hope the ones from Russia are better.

Hate to tell you, though, you probably paid the 20 bucks for like $2.00 worth of smokes there!

Last edited by Baja Daze; 07-10-2002 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:46 PM
SunseekerNY

Ahhh - the light bulb goes on. I was starting to wonder why I felt STONED! Okay.

Yeah, they do kinda suck. But, I have four cartons. Oh no.

Jennifer

Old 07-10-2002, 04:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey I happened to see your blurb on Rush...

I am totally jealous!!!!! I've been waiting for this tour for years...they finally put out a new album, are going on tour but aren't coming anywhere near here. And I mean NOWHERE NEAR!

Oh well!
Old 07-10-2002, 04:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You smoke?
Shame on you!
You know better that.

My Dad smoked for 60+ years, never got cancer and only quit when the doctor had to put him on full oxygen due to Emphysema. His weight went from 225 to 120 before he died.
My Mom smoked too, right up till she died.

I'm and ex-smoker myself. Smoked for 20+ years. One day I woke up and had trouble breathing my chest hurt and my heart rate was way up. I quit that day and haven't touched one in 4 years. Breathing improved and the chest pains stopped, still have heart trouble.
Quit now while you still can.
Old 07-10-2002, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey..you can afford it..........so kick up the money and save the state...not the state of Russia
Do they taste funny??????
Old 07-10-2002, 05:28 PM
Registered

I'm on Zyban
Old 07-10-2002, 05:41 PM
Registered

While I was stuck in traffic this am, this was the topic on the local talk radio show. Apparently, this is a tax dodge. People are starting to get notices from the state for taxes due when purchasing discount cigs online. Caveat Emptor.
Old 07-10-2002, 05:46 PM
INCOGNITO

Default SMOKES CIGARETTES

HELL YEA I SMOKE CIGARETTES ALL THE TIME !!!UNLESS ITS MORE THAN 3-4 FT SEAS THEN THEY GO RIGHT BY ME

Old 07-10-2002, 05:52 PM
SunseekerNY

Originally posted by Breathe Later
While I was stuck in traffic this am, this was the topic on the local talk radio show. Apparently, this is a tax dodge. People are starting to get notices from the state for taxes due when purchasing discount cigs online. Caveat Emptor.
I really hope you're kidding. Where do I find out about this?

I know I should quit, but it's my only vice.

Jennifer

Quick Reply: OT - Who here smokes cigarettes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.