Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Would the REAL world record holder pls stand up! >

Would the REAL world record holder pls stand up!

Notices

Would the REAL world record holder pls stand up!

Old 07-12-2002, 11:01 AM
TulsaLarry

1. Addition – pages 90, 103, 136, 147, 148 - “true length” clarification language to Super Cat, Super Cat Light/Inboard, Super Vee Light/Single, Super Vee Light/Twin, Factory 1 and Factory 2 Classes.

V3.30.02

2. Rule Change – page 110 – Super Cat Light Class – Staggered Engines are no longer legal.
3. Approval – page 110 – Super Cat Light Class – Mercury XR Sportmaster Series Drives and
IMCO Xtreme Advantage Drives. Also, approval of 1.35:1 and 1.65:1 gear ratios.
4. Approval/Clarification – page 142 – Super Vee Light Class - Mercury XR Sportmaster Series
Drives, IMCO Xtreme Advantage Drives and #3, #4, #5 Speedmaster Drives. Also, approval
of 1.26:1, 1.35:1, 1.36:1, 1.50:1 and 1.65:1 gear ratios for Bravo Series Drives and 1.68:1 and
1.69:1 gear ratios for approved speedmaster drives.

1. Rule Correction: pages 142-143, paragraphs 1.(d), 4., 5., and 9. Crashboxes and Transmissions are allowed on Grandfathered boats utilizing SSM #3, #4, and #5 Drives. SSM drives must be run as originally produced and may not be modified. Allowed gear ratios for SSM drives corrected.

12. Revised boat weight requirements for Super Vee Light Classes – page 136

2. Revised Exhaust Specification Rules - Super Vee Light Class - Section D, Paragraph 3(a),(b), Page 141.

These are some of the rule changes I have found that may help.

Old 07-12-2002, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thanks Tulsa...However

These rule changes should make a boat FASTER not restrict speeds. So why would you retire FASTER speeds with SLOWER equipment.

Please help me understand because ALL of you APBA racers spend A LOT of TIME and MONEY working for a World Record or to win a championship. To have it stripped away and handed to a slower boat with better equipment is pure theft.

Come on people can't you see what's occured here!!!!!!

Do you see differently?
Does anyone see my point?

Maximus:
Old 07-13-2002, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default help!

Thanks Tulsa...However
These rule changes should make a boat FASTER not restrict speeds. So why would you retire FASTER speeds with SLOWER equipment.

Please help me understand because ALL of you APBA racers spend A LOT of TIME and MONEY working for a World Record or to win a championship. To have it stripped away and handed to a slower boat with better equipment is pure theft.

Come on people can't you see what's occured here!!!!!!

Do you see differently?
Does anyone see my point?

Maximus:
Old 07-14-2002, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maximus welcom to the apba mr ASS CAN CHANGE HIS RULES to sute him jest like nascar ant it jest great
Old 07-15-2002, 05:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Max,

I am a Super Cat Light racer (ob) and "hang" with the other SCLs inboard and outboard..

I don't understand what you are saying, "why would you retire faster speeds with slower equipment." It seems to me you got good answers to your questions by Daze and Larry.

The deep, dark plot to "strip away (records) and hand them to a slower boat with better equipment (???)" doesn't exist in my circle i.e. the SCL racers.

Lower kilo speeds with different and possibly slower boats occur with rule changes. Boats are being slowed and parity in racing is the idea which, if you watched the TV coverage, is providing absolutely fantastic and exiting racing. Great drivers and throttlemen are bubbling up to the top in SCL...take Sorrentino and Groton in "In M'ocean" for example.

Ted