Stupid ramp tricks, witnessed tonight in Holland, MI >

Stupid ramp tricks, witnessed tonight in Holland, MI

Notices

Stupid ramp tricks, witnessed tonight in Holland, MI

Old 07-11-2002, 09:22 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 983 Likes on 498 Posts

OK, here a small confession on my part about stupid ramp tricks!!! Back when i was into Jetskiing myself and one other buddy went out to lake MI on a weekday. Instead of lugging the big 4-place snowmobile trailer converted for jetskiis we just threw the two jetskiis into the bed of my pickup and off we went. We get to the ramp and did the whole pre-ramp prep thing and were ready to go. Without me knowing, And looking back its my fault for trusting someone else, he undoes the strap holding the skis from sliding out of the bed. Well he's sitting on the tailgate of my truck with the jetskiis back there as i start to back down the ramps. Well if anyone has been to the launches at Winthrop Harbor you know thay have a decient grade to them! I get not even a quarter of the way down when everything starts sliding out of the bed!!! quick thinking and i gun it down the ramps and drown the back end of the truck all the way up to the tailgate to try and avoid a disaster........Skiis go flying, friend goes flying. And all the gear, gascans, tools, EVERYTHING that was in the bed of my truck was floating in the water behind me!! well it wasnt fast enough i guess cause my friends jetski has a hole in it the size of a golf ball and mine had a crack like the crand canyon! Nothing a little ducktape didnt fix for us to continue the days events thogh!! wish i had that on tape now!! LOL!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-11-2002, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The same ones that don't think about what they're doing at the ramp are the ones with no idea of what safety equipment to have onboard and drive like they are the only ones on the lake. These are the people that scare me!
couldn't have said it better myself

Russ
Old 07-11-2002, 09:53 AM
hauling ass-a

I have a good one, one night I stopped by a ramp in phila. A guy and his wife are there , he is pulling up in the boat and his wife is in her BRAND NEW MERCEDES. He yells to pull down the one side of the ramp and shine your headlights on the water so he can dock at the ramp. Now he can see the dock, he yells to ok hun you can go park and back down the truck. Well she never put the car in reverse, hit the gas and before she could stop she was floating down the river yelling at her husband to throw her a rope. Now he fires up the boat, and cruises about 20 feet and pick her out of the river. About now there is about 50 people watching this act. The police come with divers and hook a line to the car and to a tow boat, then to a recker. Never once did the husband lose his temper( I WOULD HAVE KILLED MY WIFE) The car finally is retrived, and I walked over, the car had 110 miles on it and was a mercedes 500 coupe now worth the same as a yugo.

Old 07-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Registered

I always say the launch ramp is one of the most entertaining things of the boating day.It is pretty amazing at how clueless and ignorant people are.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Registered

Burnmazz,
I here, heck, sometimes the wife and I will stop by the ramps and have a cold one and watch the "funniest videos".

Thrillseeker, I boat at Alum Creek alot. Are you going to be there this weekend? What kind of boat do you have?
Old 07-11-2002, 01:26 PM
Registered

Visiting my sister out in Salt Lake I went to look at this great wonder. Man you got to watch out for the wind it will fill your eyes with salt in a hartbeat!! Anyway there is this idiot canvase squid loading his sailboat with the main still up. I can't believe it so I make the wife stay and watch. Sure enough the guy stops at the top of the ramp. Not a moment latter a gust of nasty salt air picks this snail boat up and sets it down next to the trailer. You should have seen the dumbfounded look on this guys face. I still laugh every time I think about it.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:33 PM
MIdnightRider

The best one I saw, and this goes back to my Jet Ski racing days. A guy is at the ramp, were waiting to back down and get our skis out. He's pulled down with his truck forward trying to jump his 20 ft glastron with an outboard. He has like three kids with him, and his wife. We happened to be on the river, this guy had the cut off jean shorts, cig hangin' out his mouth, drinkin Bud, yellin at his family as there asking when things will be under way. He finally cant get it going, gets just pist off, he slams his hood(not knowing he slamed the bow line in it), throws it in reverse, starts flying back out of the ramp, he's looking back, drags the boat half way up the ramp on the cement before he realizes what he did , it was great. All while my buddy and I are sitting there watching this unfold like a movie. Midnight

Old 07-11-2002, 03:00 PM
Boating Fool

I also think that it funny that people are scared to get their tires wet. More times than not, people back down a low slope ramp and stop a few feet from the waters edge. Then the person in the boat is giving it hell when the boat is not even floating enough yet. So then they yell to back up some more and the driver moves an inch because they are too close to the water. Usually I don't say anything because I know the good stuff coming. The old I will back this help real fast and slam on the brakes and try to slide you off.

Old 07-11-2002, 05:07 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next to being on the water , a hot sunday afternoon , a six pack and a ramp are tops with me for entertainment
Old 07-11-2002, 08:35 PM
Registered

i guess i should consider myself one of the lucky ones. all i do is back the boat down the ramp(yes i unhook before backing down but always use same ramp) and pull out and park the jeep. by the time i get back to the boat the battereies are on and the drive is down, and the engine cover up. i check the vitals lower the hatch and start the boat. she pushes off and puts the lines away. for a small price i would be willing to attempt to train the untrainables boy some of you have some horror stories WOWW

Quick Reply: Stupid ramp tricks, witnessed tonight in Holland, MI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.