Found some cool hometown history >

Found some cool hometown history

Notices

Found some cool hometown history

Old 09-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts
Default Found some cool hometown history

Ray Hunt did invent the V Bottom. The first V Bottoms were 23 foot Hunters produced in Fall River MA in 1957 - 1958. My father bought a hull in December of 1957 and we built it out in our barn. Ours was the 13th out of the mold. The 12th out of the mold won the Maimi/Nassau race that year and attracted Bertran's attention. He came in, bought the design and the rest is history. My family still has the origional advertising broshures for the 23' Hunter. I now have a 2000 382 Formula Fastec and it brings out fond memories of the hours I spent wave hopping with the Hunter on Buzzards Bay during my younger years. The boat had a tiller in addition to the wheel and you could sit on the transom with the tiller between your legs and the re-entry was really soft. We had a Chrysler Crown, 135 HP in it with a direct drive comming out of the bottom of the V. It only did about 30 but it was not uncommon to get the whole prop out of water. Great Boat and still operating out of Pocasset a couple of years ago.

[ 09-02-2001: Message edited by: Roger Hall ]
Old 09-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Pretty ironic there's only about 5 performance boats left in the whole city. And 1 bar on the water