Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like. >

Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like.

Notices

Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Totally different market, marketing, and industry. I'll admit there are rare ones, but like previously said, they do not appreciate. No one really "collects" boats.

Looks like this guy did some collecting.
http://www.hjblogs.com/warner-vintag...ted-oct-15-17/
Old 10-28-2015, 12:25 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 160 Likes on 68 Posts

38 Bertram comp
Old 10-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
Hey Pat, this is the thirty i mentioned in that other thread that has the same paint as yours. Its actually a bit legendary down here. Use to see and hear it run the river when it was new in the early 80's then basically it sat out in a field on the outskirts of town from the mid 80's till about two years ago when a guy showed up at my shop with it. For sitting outside it is still in remarkable shape. He got it fired up and has been running it ever since, the new owner is keeping it all original.
Didn't that boat take a swim in the maumee recently?
Old 10-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69
I think I have seen that paint scheme on a another Scarab that Wellcraft used in one of their brochures. Any idea what that Scarab has in it for power? It looks like the skeg on one of the drives is missing?
I found this boat on CL and talked to the guy on the phone, but I guess some other members on here looked at it and said that the boats stringers and transom are a wreck and all the upholstery is shot.
I thought it would be cool to take an older Scarab that needed engine and put LSx engines in it.
it has 330's and TRS drives, nothing crazy power wise but its in good shape.

Originally Posted by Baldie
Didn't that boat take a swim in the maumee recently?

swim?? . . . .no . . . . sink? . . . thats a better way to put it . . . . owner tagged a channel marker in the middle of the night coming back in from the lake and she wend down pretty quick. Damage really isnt that bad but it was roughly a one square foot hole below the water line. Insurance company raised it and it is down the street getting repaired. It will be back on the water next year.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 10-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
swim?? . . . .no . . . . sink? . . . thats a better way to put it . . . . owner tagged a channel marker in the middle of the night coming back in from the lake and she wend down pretty quick. Damage really isnt that bad but it was roughly a one square foot hole below the water line. Insurance company raised it and it is down the street getting repaired. It will be back on the water next year.
Yeah, that's what I heard.. I heard he got the bad end of the law side to that deal too, kinda sucks! He launched next to me the one day. BTW, all that steering gear worked great this year!
Old 10-28-2015, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

I remember back in the early 90s there was a Scarab III on the Delaware River named Street Life with a similar paint scheme. I always loved the Scarab III!
Old 10-18-2018, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,429 Likes on 309 Posts

Sadly I think the parting out and the destruction of old wet hulls prolly helps out the value of the few cool and rarely outfitted nice boats. I’m ready to see the vice boats be worth something.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 593 Likes on 353 Posts

One problem is that there is no regulation which prevents someone from building a new classic.

Muscle cars have also cooled off a bit in price. Once boomers get tired of swapping them, the market drys up.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:19 PM
Registered

Surprised there were not more Special Editions in late 80's early 90's when more Hollywood stars were racing - Chuck Norris,
Kurt Russel, Walter Payton, etc..

Few I remember ..

43 Scara Excel Don Johnson Signature Edition w/ Lamborgini v12's. They had Don's Sig. on the rear side in Gold Lettering.

Emerson Fittipaldi 34' Scarab ( 1993 ish) All red - everything RED.

P29 anniversary Edition Scarab 29' Red on starboard Yellow on port. Small blocks with Blackhawk drives. 29 built.

More recent - Donzi 22 Classic Shelby GT and Aronow Edition 22 Classic. 496 Mags. Not sure of difference
besides branding .Scoops and stripes
Old 05-11-2019, 03:14 PM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

COPO Race Boat