Notices

Sv29/ilmor 725/indy

Old 04-19-2013, 02:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lauderdaleboats
Hey Peter, how's it going. Did you get a chance to look at John U Lloyd ramp? There are a couple more near tthe shop that I use regularly but a little longer ride to the ocean. Hollywood Public on Polk street and another approx quarter mile away at the east end of Johnson Street. Johnson Street Ramp has a very shallow angle is is not busy at all even on the weekends. Perfect if you need to fiddle while still on the trailer. Stop by the shop when you get back, we can take a run over there. Less than 10 min.

Chris.
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the info checked out those ramps on google and will definitely give them a try, will stop by your shop to say hi. how is the rigging going? on that new bandit... must be nearly finished?? would love to come for a run with you if it's ready when we are over, will give you a call when we arrive.

Best Regards

Peter & Carolyn
Old 11-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,
We are back in the states again to yet more frustrations with our boat I cant tell you how disappointed we were of the hand over of our new boat at the miami show.... that is the reason we haven't been posting and why i haven't spoken out before. It was agreed with Mike after the show that the boat would be taken back to the outerlimits factory and all my concerns would be rectified, sadly this has not been the case. Despite having access to the boat for nearly 5 months and them knowing that we were returning on the 20th october the boat finally arrived on the 30th october but we had to incur the costs of shipping it to the keys a total of $2992.00 and i knew immediately only a small proportion of the works required had been carried out.

A VERY VERY FRUSTRATED ENGINEER.........

P.S. This is a real shame as the basic boat is excellent and the engine and drive package outstanding
Old 11-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What it sounds like to me is that you just didn't spend enough money with Outerlimits to justify them fixing all of your issues......you should have purchased the new 52, then maybe you would get some attention.....and they make you pay for delivery!!!!!!! What a disappointment!

I look forward to always reading your posts sir, and I hope they step up and take care of you like they should. Amazing...
Old 11-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That suk's , There used to profiting what your boat cost so they cut corner's after the sale what a shame . they could have just lost a future big boat sale by not taking care of your problem's
Old 11-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Peter you know how strong the power of OSO is . I'll bet there's not one Outerlimits owner that is not a member or at least logs in to keep up to date . I've been a fan of you and your builds from the very first post I discovered . We your OSO family can clearly see that your boat was rushed to the Miami show to be debut there in the Outerlimits exhibition . If Mike had finished your boat before the show you would not have had any extra expense . You need to fight for this one ..
I wonder how much the 29's not being made at OL anymore is playing a roll in you getting brushed aside .
Old 11-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty crappy to hear, especially if OL is committed to selling boats in in the so called entry level market with their 29 and 36. Hopefully the issues get taken care of and you get that beast dialed in.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 68 Posts

From what ive heard about Mike- it DOES NOT surprise me!!! Probably just mad that his latest brand new race boat is about to get its a$$ handed to it by a old fountain again in Key West!!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,271 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by peterunwin
Hi All,
We are back in the states again to yet more frustrations with our boat I cant tell you how disappointed we were of the hand over of our new boat at the miami show.... that is the reason we haven't been posting and why i haven't spoken out before. It was agreed with Mike after the show that the boat would be taken back to the outerlimits factory and all my concerns would be rectified, sadly this has not been the case. Despite having access to the boat for nearly 5 months and them knowing that we were returning on the 20th october the boat finally arrived on the 30th october but we had to incur the costs of shipping it to the keys a total of $2992.00 and i knew immediately only a small proportion of the works required had been carried out.

A VERY VERY FRUSTRATED ENGINEER.........

P.S. This is a real shame as the basic boat is excellent and the engine and drive package outstanding
Peter, where in Florida is the boat?
I can make at least 3 recommendations; and others probably more...
to get the boat dialed in for you.

http://www.royalrentacar.com/VehiclesForRent.aspx#4 at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport rents F-150s and F-250 diesels that you can tow with
Old 11-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 106 Posts

So sorry to hear!

All of us who have followed your threads believe your in the right and OL in the wrong. I know of another member on here goint through a terrible situation with another high end builder that wont make thier product right like it should have been in the first place. That member is also afraid to speak up about it in fear they wont take care of him. Sad these companies charge so much and cant get it right.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 106 Posts

So sorry to hear!

All of us who have followed your threads believe your in the right and OL in the wrong. I know of another member on here goint through a terrible situation with another high end builder that wont make thier product right like it should have been in the first place. That member is also afraid to speak up about it in fear they wont take care of him. Sad these companies charge so much and cant get it right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.