Notices

Sv29/ilmor 725/indy

Old 02-20-2014, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crossett
Are there any plans with Outerlimits to incorporate the systems you came up with into their new boats?
Hi Crossett,
I think it is a little early to be thinking about incorporating my systems as most of their boats are mercury powered and i know from past experience that mercury hate anybody trying to improve their stuff. Ilmor on the other hand don't operate in this blinkered manner and are very open to engineering solutions that can improve safety, drivability and performance without the need to compromise on boat setup. The system on my boat was setup on my bench rig in England, shipped over here and fitted to the boat with no setup changes to the boat and no adjustments required to my hydraulic system. The boat has gone from almost unmanageable and was ready to bite you at every opportunity to as pin sharp as a GT3RS with no torque kickback from the drive. Not since the old circuit racing days with cable operated steering have i driven a boat that is as nice to drive.

Peter
Old 05-29-2014, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really cool Peter!

Originally Posted by peterunwin
Hi All,
Settling in nicely to this lovely warm weather, didn't suffer too bad from jet lag this time so was able to start work on Monday. Fitted the automatic vent tube first this opens as you trim in and is closed at your high speed running trim, then i moved on to the steering system, most of which is now fitted. Tomorrow i will build the wiring harness between the throttle paddles and the engine ECU with any luck i might get the motor flashed up and give it all a static run What a pleasure it is to run out of Blue Octane's facilities. We arrived Sunday evening to be greeted by Pat washing our truck, can't think of a beter place to keep our toys

Peter
Old 05-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any updates on this boat,what was the top speed ??????
Old 10-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 588 Likes on 352 Posts

Peter, will you make it down to the keys for the races or after them?

Photo Credit: PeterUnWin

Old 10-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How is this boat running,haven't seen any new updates?
Old 10-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Noli & Pro27,
The boat was running great in February when we last used her, never found any water smooth enough to do a WOT run maybe this time…. I have re-engineered the throttle paddles to make them 50% less sensitive, i have also manufactured a carbon fibre steerable tail fin this will be mounted in the centre of the bustle just above the drive this is in an effort to reduce chine walk and enable us to go faster in rougher conditions. All the parts have been shipped and we leave for Fort Lauderdale on Sunday the 12th, should get the parts fitted and tested next week then we are of to Key West for just over a month. boat already has 100hrs on her and guess we will probably near on double that this time.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails Sv29/ilmor 725/indy-img_1409.jpg   Sv29/ilmor 725/indy-img_1411.jpg   Sv29/ilmor 725/indy-img_1577.jpg  

Sv29/ilmor 725/indy-img_1576.jpg  
Old 10-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 588 Likes on 352 Posts

would two wings half that size work ? I mean instead of 1 large one positioned in the middle, would two half its size and positioned on the port and stbd sides work as well?

Old 10-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by noli

would two wings half that size work ? I mean instead of 1 large one positioned in the middle, would two half its size and positioned on the port and stbd sides work as well?.
...and you could call these new wings "trim tabs".
Old 10-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is this boat so ill handling? You'd think these bugs would be worked out before it left Outerlimits.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 866 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by chris@uga
Why is this boat so ill handling? You'd think these bugs would be worked out before it left Outerlimits.
doesn't handle badly,,just need to be a kamikaze pilot or Brian F.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.