Notices

Sv29/ilmor 725/indy

Old 09-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Very nice, keep us updated please. I assume this is the first 29 with the Ilmor package?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by peterunwin
Hi Smarty,
I would usually do before and after comparisons but logistically as we are in England and i needed the bare castings to check wall thicknesses before i did the reprofiling this just wouldn't work for me, but if i've got it wrong i'm pretty handy with a welder

Peter
Maybe Ilmor could lend you a stock drive to compare with, i'm sure it will make an improvement, it would drive me crazy not knowing exactly how much it was. Where are you going to keep the boat?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

so whats the estimated speed you think she is going to run with 725 hp ?
Old 09-30-2012, 05:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi TBAG,
I do believe this is the first 29/ Ilmor maybe someone from the factory can confirm?

Hi pstorti,
Agreed it would be nice to know the difference but as we might have to experiment with gear ratios it might not be possible, we are currently looking for a secure storage facility under cover on the trailer in the Miami area and the plan is to fly in to Miami rent a truck with a tow hitch to enable us to tour, any suggestions for storage would be welcomed.

Hi mikebrls,
Should be somewhere in the range of 110-115 once dialled in.

Peter
Old 09-30-2012, 06:58 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

Hi TBAG,
I do believe this is the first 29/ Ilmor maybe someone from the factory can confirm?

Hi pstorti,
Agreed it would be nice to know the difference but as we might have to experiment with gear ratios it might not be possible, we are currently looking for a secure storage facility under cover on the trailer in the Miami area and the plan is to fly in to Miami rent a truck with a tow hitch to enable us to tour, any suggestions for storage would be welcomed.

Hi mikebrls,

Peter
There is a rental car company at Fort Lauderdale Airport called Royal that rents new Diesel F250s.

You might look into storing with Mindi at Doller Offshore or see if the Geico crew has room at their facility in Sunny Isles. If you are OK with outside storage, with your cover on it, call Pat at www.outdrives.com . He has a nice and safe place in Pompano, close to the airport.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep my boat at Grove Harbour Marina, in coconut grove, they have inside storage, the place has excellent security and everybody that works there is very nice.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Or check out the port marina in Fort Lauderdale. 8 minutes from the airport and inlet.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if ilmor thought their drive could be improved they would of changed their drive. I think i would keep the warranty and leave the design to the pros
Old 09-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi TBAG,

Hi pstorti,

Hi mikebrls,

Peter
Thank's , that would be some nice speed with a N/A motor
Old 09-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yarrowtavern
I think if ilmor thought their drive could be improved they would of changed their drive. I think i would keep the warranty and leave the design to the pros
You would think that Mercury and Imco would think the same way, however Wilson Custom Marine has proven numerous times that they can improve on these designs, both in speed and handling.

If you look at one of the first pictures of the drive you can see the numerous low spots in the casting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.