Charleston South Carolina  boating quality >

Charleston South Carolina boating quality

Notices

Charleston South Carolina boating quality

Old 10-17-2012, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charleston South Carolina boating quality

Has anyone done any power boating in this area- mainly is it worth bringing a Skater there?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 28skater
Has anyone done any power boating in this area- mainly is it worth bringing a Skater there?
In my opinion the Intercoastal in that area as well as in NC has way more cruisers, sportfish & cuddy cabins. This doesn't mean you can't boat w/ your Skater but I think you'll be the lone performance boater or just one of few & you'd enjoy it way more in a a big Vee w/ a cabin or some other sort of Cuddy cabin (Cobalt, Sea Ray etc)

Try posting the same question on Boatfreaks.org as it's a Carolina's based website & there are many that will chime in there providing you good feedback.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Registered

Thanks for the feedback. My sister goes to college there- and thats pretty much what she said about the boating. By the way I'm running a 30' skater with outboards- I could only imagine how the boat movies with IO's. Nice set up
Old 10-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you are ready to upgrade to mine especially since it's for sale & about a bulletproof package w/ the INDY Drives & Trannies.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Registered

Thanks for the feedback. My sister goes to college there- and thats pretty much what she said about the boating. By the way I'm running a 30' skater with outboards- I could only imagine how the boat movies with IO's. Nice set up
College of Charleston? I think you wopuld enjoy the area.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Absolutly. We spent a weekend there and had a blast. ironicly is was with my daughter to check out the area for nursing school.

Lots of rivers/bay to run if its snotty out. Great waterside bars/rest. Big party cove at the inlet. We stayed at the city marina and took a cab downtown.

Mostly CC boats but they like to see us
Old 10-18-2012, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My dads whole family lives down there and my cousin attends the college of charleston. They do a lot of boating for a majority of the year. There's some nice performance boats down there and pulling up in a whip like a skater will definitively earn some looks from the ladies. Bring it
Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My Sister and her husband live there, such an awesome city with great food!

Whenever I'm down we boat in my brother in laws CC and like others have said, you don't see too many go-fast boats there. Still a great place to boat and make sure you check out the island all of the locals go to on the weekends and beach their boats to party. Can't remember the name but it's well known as the go-to spot.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 479 Likes on 219 Posts

Lived there for about two years, great boating spot. Not a big performance boating community, mostly fishing and beach partying. Some cool boating destinations:

Shem Creek
Ashley river area and south of Charleston / Folly beach
Ft Moultrie (sp?)
Sullivans Island
Dewee's Island to beach and party

Lot's of exploring and cool spots to check out. Find a local boater and buddy up, that's your best bet. There's another younger guy on here that has a performance outboard, not sure of his name though...
Old 10-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Registered

Great place to visit for the historical side and great food. Boating there we did not care for. We have a 30' cat and in the 10+ years we lived there we used it maybe 3 times. The water is not real nice and we had some issues at some of the docks. The harbor is fun to run out of though. There were not a lot of performance boats when we were there. Some Allisons and Fountains that ran around in the ICW but that was about it. Lake Murray was much more fun. Just my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.