Notices

OSO cheese

Old 10-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Heavy highway construction. 3rd generation in the family business. I am a project manager, partial owner, and on the board of directors.

You have to work hard to have the toys and be willing to risk it all. If the company fails, there is no pension or safety net. We have had some great years and done well. Then there are some like this year where we are dam near break even.

I am 40, married with no kids (yet). My wife got her Masters in Social Work 3 years ago and due to this crazy market she works with her father as a financial planner and is studying to get her license.

Now I REALLY have to hide the boating expenses!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been in the Insurance Software business for almost 30 years, it pays well. I have blown a ton of money over the years on performance boats and the whole lifestyle. As I'm now in my 50's I have cut back on my expenses and spending. Sold the lake house and got a great deal on a small condo, putting twin daughters through college for the next 4 years. When they get out I'm either going to move to Singer Island or the North Georgia mountains. Sorry probably a lot more than you wanted to know
Old 10-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Registered

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

We live modestly work hard and make decsion for the long term.

Turning 50 this year kids are grown it's time to play.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

Truck Vehicle Dynamics Engineer for one of the "Big-3" (your truck arguments almost always crack me up on this site, but I sit on the outside and laugh). Wife is an ICU Nursing Manager and I have the ****tiest "sorta fast" boat here. I have a cheap boat since boats are completely retarded, and I can't live without one

Fun begins in 7 years, kids college (little guys now) will be paid for and the house will be payed off. I'll be 40, score.

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 10-18-2012 at 06:51 PM.