Notices

JAYL13 what's the news?

Old 07-15-2002, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is the thing
Im not exactly sure what I need
My housing is metal (indicated from the rust crack right down the center bottom of the pump)
My wife has been looking and has found the Jabsco pump which is made out of bronze i think, for 219 and a few places have it for that price with no shipping.
Mercruiser does NOT offer this housing anymore (why I have no freakin idea, maybe because it CRACKED AND RUSTED???)
I am looking through google search engine and it is saying housing, well it is the end piece where the hoses connect and or the front of the pump where the shaft and pulley mount on that housing, that is not what I need
I need the body of this thing
here look
On the left side of the photo the body is listed as part #2
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...SEA+WATER+PUMP

and of course it is no longer available
So if this is no longer available, then im guessing I should get a whole new pump from one of these places?
http://marineengineparts.com/shopsit...tml/page1.html

First one is what I need
the body has a split right down the center right where on this last picture you see the numbers and stuff cast into the body of the pump in the middle. That is where it is split and cracked
I dont see anywhere that I can get this particular part, they want to sell you the entire pump
Which is fine but I dont blame my wife in the least. She has been overly patient and giving with the whole money issue and it STILL wont float yet.
There is not much left to replace on this damn thing
at the rate im going, Ill have a whole new boat for double what a new one cost since im buying it part by freakin part here.
Fed up, yes
Annoyed yes
pissed off yes
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
GOOD!
Jason
Old 07-15-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered

Yo jay i emailed you!

I think the body is now supersceeded by the new plastic style housing. that's probably why you can't find it anywhere. Give me a call. 215-485-1459.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

If my memory serves me correct the plactic housing will replace the older metal housing. The plastic housing is one piece, the water hoses attach directly to it and the impeller(?) is installed in it. This is then attached to the pump. I should have everything except the pump.

Todd
Old 07-15-2002, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, I also have some plastic center bodies you could have. I dont even remember them making a metal center body. The new kits are OK too, I just like having my hoses clamped onto something metal instead of plastic.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:54 AM
Registered

is there a part # for this, You guys both make it seem as though there is a kit that includes the body and the impellor and gaskets ect.
How much do you guys want for this stuff?
let me know, im ready to get this and get it over with.
Get on with the project and get this tub out in the river
Thanks
Jason
Old 07-15-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.boatfix.com/engsections/m...l.pdf#zoom=125
bottom of page 414, takes a little while to load.

18-3150 or merc number 46-807151A14

Much cheaper through Boatfix.
Old 07-15-2002, 12:09 PM
Registered

If you want the parts I have, just tell me where to send them. But it will be tomorrow before I can ship them. I dont know the part # as I just replaced the whole thing with the Jabsco part. I had a bad pump and impeller and it made more sense to replace everything.

Todd
Old 07-15-2002, 12:12 PM
290PQ

Smile

High-perf-2000 is exactly right, I had a cracked housing on one of mine, went to the marina and the gave me the new and improoved version! $ 90.00ea.
Also they are much easyer to install as there are only 2 pieces, the body and the plate, not 6 like the old version!!

Don't give up now man!!!

Old 07-15-2002, 12:14 PM
Scott72

Jay,
I replaced my rotted out metal sea pump housing with the plastic one. It was around $80 and includes everything you need to replace the whole back of the pump. Just make sure you run water through it right away. I started the motor and ran it without water (forgot to open the seacock) and fried the plastic one in about 20 seconds. Cracked the plastic housing and had to shell another $80 for another kit. Sucks....

Scott

Old 07-15-2002, 12:33 PM
Registered

does anyone have a part number for this so I can call someone about it and get the right one?
Thanks
Jason

Quick Reply: JAYL13 what's the news?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.