Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
why i will not buy latham parts ever again..... imco for me! >

why i will not buy latham parts ever again..... imco for me!

Notices

why i will not buy latham parts ever again..... imco for me!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go look at any of the 200 mph cats. Latham all the way. Bob has saved more asses with his bullet proof stuff than all the other guys put together........
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wildman
i love ron an the guys at imco. Its the only steering i rig my ne boats with. Prices ae way more affordable and as good or better than any one elses.
+1
Old 11-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Go look at any of the 200 mph cats. Latham all the way. Bob has saved more asses with his bullet proof stuff than all the other guys put together........
I agree, great stuff, but we don't all have 200 MPH cats
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default So Right Allen !

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Latham Marine has always over engineered all their products, they have full time engineers just to think up new designs, to answer and create products that are not available anywhere else ! I have. like Allen, been to many Races around the world, what do I see 99 % of the time ? LATHAM MARINE ! If you built a product and did your research to develop the best, why would you want some one to mix and match parts, it does not make sense ! - I guess I should have hired every wise guy producer, to tell me how to film, then how to edit, what to discard, who to film, etc. - When you have a company, and you make the best products, you do not even allow mix and match! Bob and Kathy, and their company have done the research, designed products for safety and reliability, who do you think paid for all this research ? When I sold films, the actual blank VHS tape was a buck, but to make that video, it was an expensive investment, Broadcast Cameras, Editing Equipment that would have your eyes buldge ! Same with Latham Marine, its not the actual cost of the piece of steel, its the development costs, you are paying for ! and many did not even do that, it was easy to copy and make, but where are they now ? Try calling Bret May, or Marine Machine, see if they are there ? Did you see Marine Machine at Key West this year ? I bet Not ! - but Bob Latham was there - and he would support the little guy, or the zillionaire ! - I know Bob Latham, he is a friend of mine, Kathy Latham too, For sure you wont find anyone to match Bob Latham or Kathy Latham !

You get what you pay for, Quality, Reliability - and Quick prompt service ! - Bring Bob a Problem or a new design, ask him to create a steering system for you ! Who else can do that ? NO ONE !

I am amazed at your nerve to start a thread like this, - you obviously do not know Bob and Kathy - they started from a pick up truck, and now - are the BEST ! Be glad they will help you !

Lets put it another way - If I needed help for any thing- be it advice, or to build a new product - Bob Latham would be the one to help me- NO ONE ELSE !

I know many of the people who post here, they too know Bob Latham, NO ONE BETTER THAN Bob,( Kathy too) - and if you get to talk to Amanda, be happy, she does not take any S..t from anyone !

Phil
Old 11-13-2012, 06:24 PM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
I agree, great stuff, but we don't all have 200 MPH cats
What is your life worth, when steering a boat ? at any speed ?

Answer: Latham Marine !
Old 11-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Phil M

With all due respect....that's retarted !
Latham is good, but honestly so are all the others.
Please give me an example of somebody's life being in jeopardy using imco, marine machine, Hardin, etc........sounds like op was just venting after some cust serv he was not happy with.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you put Z rated tires on a Honda Civic?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Phil M

I gotta log off now. If wife sees this ill be dropping $$$$ to upgrade the bayliners cable steering!!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 486 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
I gotta log off now. If wife sees this ill be dropping $$$$ to upgrade the bayliners cable steering!!!!
Hang a set of through hulls while yer at it .
Old 11-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I have had LATHAM on everyone of our boats. I would NEVER buy anything else. Latham set the standard in the industry by innovating and engineering. They make there own studs on their own cnc machines. Everything they do is OVER engineered for a reason, your life depends on it. YES you could save money elsewhere but why cut that corner? Starting a thread like ths because you don't like there business practices is ridiculous. Latham deserves all the credit they have gotten Bob and Kathy invented what we all take for granted today and other companies copy on a daily basis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.