Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
21' Scout, making a comeback ! >

21' Scout, making a comeback !

Notices
View Poll Results: Should Maximo Powerboats have it's own spot on the "Owners" forum
yes
72.73%
no
27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

21' Scout, making a comeback !

Old 10-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i have a merc 300 xs with 14 hours need a home.........motivated seller............cya........305 542 5029.......fresh water......
Old 10-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 413 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
i have a merc 300 xs with 14 hours need a home.........motivated seller............cya........305 542 5029.......fresh water......
Hey Mark,
You didnt fill me in on this when I was up there last Friday.... I will try giving you a call if Phils not interested..
Jack
Old 10-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Registered

u didnt leave a #..guy brought it in sun..tradingup 2 a 300 or 350 verado..its on a new 21 skeeter..call me if u r interested. cust ran boat in montana on suix reservation..the elevation is a problem 4 max power. he is part native American..cya............
Old 10-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Registered

problem solved........merc techs came over 2 mr. marine inc. and dialed the motor in........great support from mercury........the customer now has 2 go 4 plastic surgery 2 get the smile removed from his face......cya...
Old 10-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the offer and hope the plastic surgery went well. lol A 300HP is a little too much for what I want to do with the boat
at this time but will keep it in mind for the future. Currently I will be getting the boat ready for the 2014 race season and there are
strict rules in place not to exceed a specified MPH.

Phil Vargas / President
Defender Powerboats Inc.
www.facebook.com/defenderpowerboats
Old 10-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Registered

wish u a great race season.............cya..
Old 11-24-2013, 02:07 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Saccenti
I think the OSO community would like to know who PhilV30 is and why I got involved with Phil’s 21’ Scout project. First I received a phone call from Phil’s brother explaining that they are big Apache fans and always wanted to own a 21’ Scout. Furthermore while looking for his dream boat Phil came across my original 21’ Scout molds and he decided to purchase them... In our conversation he asked if I had time to meet with him for some advice on repairing a few minor issues that he discovered in the molds.

When we first met, I asked Phil, why the hell did you buy molds instead of a boat? His response was, in the future I plan on going into the marine manufacturing business. Next I asked Phil, what is your background?? His reply was, I was a Master Sergeant in the U.S. Air Force and specialized as a jet fighter aircraft/engine mechanic where he recently completed two tours to Iraq and Afghanistan. He also went on to tell me he was presently working for a government contractor in charge of a drone division and had just returned from a five month tour at military airfield in Afghanistan. Phil was home for a break between assignments. His duty is to keep our drones mechanically war ready and airborne 24/7. He also stated he does carbon fiber/composite repairs to the drones when the need arises. I thanked Phil for his military service and told him I would be very happy to help him with the mold repairs.

A few weeks later all the molds were back to their original condition, waxed and ready to start the first application. Shortly after that Phil received his new orders to another military airfield in the Middle East. When Phil received the news, he told me that he would have to put the Scout project on hold until February / March 2013. At that point I said to Phil, I am working nearby on my new Warpath project and would be very happy to oversee his project until he returned. Fortunately before Phil’s departure we had time to immediately start the early stages of the lamination process for the first new Scout. . We kept in touch via the internet and he was able to post onto OSO...

The pictures of the Scout that you see in the PhilV30, “21' Scout making a comeback” thread will be Phil’s personal /demo boat and I’m happy to say he already has another one on order. During his absence I was in full contact with Phil and kept him up to date on his project daily. Phil recently informed me that this was his last trip abroad and will be devoting all his time pursuing and developing his newly founded Defender Powerboats Company. Being that Phil has a carbon fiber/composite background I see he is catching on quickly and I feel very confident that he will be successful in his new boat manufacturing career.

My involvement with Phil is; I will be consulting with him to get him up and running, testing and manufacturing the best 21’ Scouts ever built...
The pictures I posted below are of Phil while serving overseas.

Phil and I will be visiting the Miami boat show and are looking forward to answering questions on the ongoing projects we’re involved in.

Bobby Saccenti

that being the case, with his background he should build a turbine powered 21 scout, with an arneson drive...
Old 11-24-2013, 02:12 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
Nice to meet you in Miami Phil! I've always liked that little 21, would be a fantastic boat for up here on Sebago Lake. Best of luck with it.

Kurt
i went on a couple of canoe trips on lake sabago when i was a kid, we paddled through the canals, went through a set of locks then across brandy pond, what an awesome time i had there. it was really beautiful
Old 11-24-2013, 04:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the post Ratman. How is the weather by you? It's cool and dusty here in Jalalabad.... Can't wait to be back in Miami.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just want to set the record straight about the Chief Edition 21' Scout... Phil’s 21’ Scout built by Defender Powerboats are manufactured out of my original 21’ Apache Scout molds. I am working with Phil to get him started on his way into the marine powerboat business. These same molds are used to build the "Chief Edition Scout" for Chief Powerboats to complement our dealer line for name sake. I am personally overseeing Defender Powerboats in Phil’s absence. He was asked to return back to Afghanistan for a short stay and will be back before Christmas to continue working on his personal 21' Scout. I spoke to him this morning and he said all is well BUT the rocket and mortar attacks really annoy him while he is trying to do his job.

“God speed a safe return Phil”

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.