Notices

Boat Price

Old 11-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Boat Price

Hi, looking for help/advice. In this economy when boats are worth half of what they should be. What is everybodies opinion on how to arrive at a price. I am toying with the idea of selling my boat without motors. Is that a big mistake? Should I just power it up? It's a 39' Sutphen with Number 6 drives. The drives alone bring close to $40K. So, what's the boat worth.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by benjen
Hi, looking for help/advice. In this economy when boats are worth half of what they should be. What is everybodies opinion on how to arrive at a price. I am toying with the idea of selling my boat without motors. Is that a big mistake? Should I just power it up? It's a 39' Sutphen with Number 6 drives. The drives alone bring close to $40K. So, what's the boat worth.
Did you buy that boat from Fred Cecil? I remember he had a white 39 with #6.
Are the #6 dry or wet sump, will it be fully rigged less motors? I have tried to sell performance boats in the past without motors.....it's kind of hard unless you want to take a hit,.....everyone seems to want to test drive it . Good luck with your sale.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 280 Posts

I see it's a 92.... seems like old hull don't brings much $$$... except Apache! I think, or I'm effraid, your boat is worth more parting it out... just like any older boat...
Old 11-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered

No, the boat was not from Fred Cecil. The drives are wet sumped and yes it can be fully rigged. I have every nut and bolt to put it together. In fact I can sell it with the broken power. All new parts except what broke of course!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts

There was a even older one around here for sale forever, hard sale without power as it becomes a project boat to all the people except hardcore guys and they usually have enough un-finished things sitting around already, Smitty
The number sixe's IMO will help sell the boat as wet sump old ones don't bring real big cash anymore anyways
Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Registered

Well, I guess like every one perhaps we think our possessions are worth more than the next guy's. But, in the case of a Sutphen, although not an Apache I think they are a bit unique. The year isn't quite as important as the hull has not changed since..........well since forever. You don't need to contact 20 people to find out what year this hull worked with 2 steps, 3 steps, 4 steps. You get the idea! This boat has less than 400 original hours on it and is an original 6 boat. Probably not a hole bunch of these out there. Potentially (if I hadn't had all these issues) this should be the fastest Sutphen on the planet.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by benjen
Potentially (if I hadn't had all these issues) this should be the fastest Sutphen on the planet.
Now THATS cool! Hahaha, good luck with the sale! Any pics of this boat?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Registered

I believe that in today's economy, people are simply out looking for a steal. There are plenty of people hurting that just want to dump the boat or need the cash. That is what buyers are looking for. Its not that the boat isn't worth the price, its just that there are so many "deals" out there to be had that it makes a legit, fair deal, less attractive. Buc Valu has boats listed about ten grand under what most would consider the real value of their boat. For a ten year old or newer boat, banks will loan on NADA minus 10%...I think thats a good number to ask.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

post some pics
Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Registered

I am not able to post pics or at least I don't know how. If you send me an email to [email protected] I can send you pics. If someone could post the pics that would be great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.