Any OSO members in Jupiter?

Notices

Any OSO members in Jupiter?

Old 12-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Any OSO members in Jupiter?

Hello, are there any fellow OSO members who reside in Jupiter?

I am new to the area and would like to know the "where to go" and "do's and don't's" of the area.

I have a 42X at Jupiter Point Marina and it would be a pleasure to meet up. Kevin 805-732-5341

KS
Old 12-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 1,004 Likes on 532 Posts

42X is certainly going to "stand out!"

Be careful going out the Jupiter inlet on a tide change with any bigger swells you can get slammed into the sandbar. Lots of center consoles in this area. Waterway Cafe/Rumbar in Palm Beach Gardens can get busy on the weekends and Peanut Island just inside the Lake Worth inlet is always good (Lake Worth inlet is at the north end of Palm Beach). Sailfish Marina is a good lunch spot, tip the gas dock guys and they will get you in a slip while you have lunch, they have "free docks" on the south side of the property but nothing you want to put a 42x into. Guananbanas is also waterfront (behind the Burt Reynolds boat ramp (east side of US1) but be careful using the north bridge to enter/exit on low tide (you will drag bottom), use the south bridge (closer to the McDonalds) and come around the long way. Docks are fair at Guanabanas but the brand new city docks directly next door should be great.
From Jupiter Pointe north it is primarily a no wake zone (sucks) and there is a bunch of restaurants in Manatee Pocket, St Lucie inlet is insanity with about 5-7 canals intersecting....on a busy weekend it looks like I95 at rush hour!

Watch for manatees this time of year and more importantly watch for the cops that are watching for manatee violations!
Used to be a decent amount of go fasts but there is only a Gladiator at Tiki 52 (100 yards north of Jupiter Pointe) and an older TS TG at Jupiter Pointe that I can think of. In years past there was a 47 GTX, the OSO Top Gun, 38 Powerplay, 35 Playboy, 47 Fountain and even an all white Apache running around......Though I have seen a newer blue 44 OL and a TS TG in the area but not sure if they are locals or just passing through.

Highlight: NO SPEED LIMIT in Little Lake Worth (north of Blue Heron Bridge) to North Palm Beach Marina. Even Geico runs high speed runs in that section. Weekends it gets bumpy in there but nothing a 42 won't eat up (waves bounce off sea walls making it nasty)
Old 12-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1,004 Likes on 532 Posts

http://www.evsjupiter.com/main.htm
Inlet Cam
Old 12-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Jupiter Sunsation,

Thank you for the info. I cut my teeth on Inlets at Haulover in Miami. Thanks for the wise words, gotta respect the egress/ingress!

If you want to go for a boat ride and lunch please give me a call.

KS
Old 12-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jupiter Sunsation summed it up pretty good. I have been in Jupiter 25 years and its an awesome place to live. Our shop is about 10 minutes south and your welcome to come down and check it out
Old 12-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

We also live and boat in Jupiter for the past 10 years! Easy access to go either north or south for a quick day trip. St Lucie inlet to the north with the Manatee Pocket that has some good waterfront dining. You also have alot of boating just north of the St Lucie inlet towards Stuart and Ft Pierce in protected waters and sandbar stops...or you can head south to Palm Beach Inlet/Peanut Island area. Party city on the weekend with everyone hanging out at the sandbar. Jupiter Inlet on an incoming north swell with an outgoing tide can get pretty snotty and on a big North Swell the waves coming towards the inlet will break all the way accross! To sum it up:

Heading North beginning at Burt Reynolds Park:
Guanabanas restaurant/bar
Bubba Gumps
Jupiter Sandbar (just west of the train bridge/Old Dixie hwy)
Tiki 52-bar
Wylders-bar and food
County Line Sandbar
Pecks lake (beach it on the IC waterway and walk across to the ocean)
Mantee Pocket (Pirates Cove, Shrimpers, fuel docks, & more)
Stuart/St Lucie sand bar-big sandbar with lots of boats on the weekend
Old town Stuart docks-historic downtown district and docking

Heading south:

At PGA you have Seasons 52, The Rum Bar and Panama Hatties on the east side and
on the west side you have The Waterway Cafe and a high end restaurant (can't recall the name but its good)
Past PGA you'll go under the Blue Heron bridge and hit Peanut Island. Fuel Docks and Sailfish Marina/restaurant east of the Island along with the Palm Beach Inlet. Just west of the island is The Tiki Bar.

Or go out Jupiter Inlet and head east to the Bahamas!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Any OSO members in Jupiter?-checkmate-2800-dock-shot.jpg  

Last edited by JUPITER PULSARE; 12-06-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What they all said^^^

We are a little south of you, but do get to Peanut island occasionally, if you go to peanut, be aware that there is no alcohol allowed while on land, tie up a few feet off the beach, and have fun ON your boat.

A few spots down our way since you obviously have a capable boat of making it here pretty quick are 2 Georges/Banana boat just south of Boynton inlet(there is also a small sandbar just north of the inlet we hang out at), Old Key Lime House North of Boynton at the Lantana bridge, Boca Lake just inside Boca inlet, and there is 2 georges at the cove between Boca and Hillsboro inlet.

We usually put in in Delray, and run North a bit, find a spot around Boynton inlet to hang for a bit then to 2 goeorges for lunch, or south to Lake Boca and grill on the boats. If it is flat we will run outside, but we run much smaller boats than you, 24 Pantera and a 26 American Offshore.

There is also Miami and the Keys, but that is a bit of a run if your not on a trailer.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Glad to see you made it east KS.

Let me know if you venture south towards Broward for lunch or if you need any help like we discussed near you. Enjoy the Winter. It's great from now until April. :-)