Notices

Kook flipped boat?

Old 07-19-2002, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MIdnightRider
frankly I think a few of you are just *******s, waiting for a chance to show the world how smart you think you are.
My thoughts exactly about a certain member .....Just seems to wait and post how much HE knows, no matter what the situation at hand
Old 07-19-2002, 12:13 PM
Gumbydammit

Angry

Since someone else opened the flood gates............

When someone has just had a brush with death, watched a friend get hurt to the point of being a twitching mass of tubes in the hospital, crashed his prize posession....etc etc....

Put yourself in that place. What do you think YOU would want to hear?

How about a few of these quotes right out of the posts??

"I thought that boat looked a little small for that kind of power and speed and inexperience."

" More than DOUBLING the horsepower on ANY boat is not a good idea.
Accidents happen, this sounds like a bound to happen."

"I considered that boat as over-powered."

"I hope other 25 Sunsation owners are taking a good look at what happened here and think twice about adding heavy power to these boats. "

"truth be known...there are several things that are very suspect in they way this boat was rigged and run for that matter...for top end #'s only....from past threads of kook's, he has had problems chine walking and other handling issues??"

WTF??

I don't care who you are. I don't care if you like what I have said or not. The comments above had no place in this thread. They did nothing to help the situation or ease the pain.

Since there is talk about "learning something" from this, how about if people "learn" to have a little more compassion and empathy toward others!

Old 07-19-2002, 01:37 PM
Registered

Well Said
Old 07-19-2002, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Sydwayz
I tried, I tried; to clean this up on the first page.
Right there with you bro!! Here's to what matters, A quick recovery!!
Old 07-19-2002, 03:18 PM
kook

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.......hindsight 20/20, etc....... I run these things over and over and over in my head. Things maybe I shoulda done differently......... But AT THE TIME, I felt in control and I felt like I was driving the boat the "right way" for the conditions that lay in front of me. All previous instability experiences were preceded by ample warning signs, giving me plenty of time to "correct" (throttle back some, trim down a tad, etc..). This was different, and dare I say that "since I hadn't a hint that it was going to happen, it was bound to happen sometime....... sooner or later".

75 mph may not sound fast, but in a 25' boat with a 7'3" beam, it's cruisin' along at a pretty good clip. I've been in much larger boats at speeds approaching 100mph - totally different feel - 100mph in a 30-some foot boat feels like 70mph in a 25' boat. It's all relative. Nontheless, 75mph down to 0 mph in under a second is quite a slowdown.

My buddy is making slow, but steady progress. He began moving around too much, so he is now restrained and more heavily sedated. An opthamologist examined his eyes and said that he will have vision, but uncertain how much. Can't ask for anything more in 6 days time - he's way ahead of where the Docs thought he would be. All the payers, visitors, and his hard headedness seem to be working! I know he will be the same again. Just gonna take lotsa time and effort.

Thanks again to all you out there on the Board

Old 07-19-2002, 03:45 PM
Registered

Good news kook, Im relieved that things are moving in a positive direction for you.

Chris
Old 07-19-2002, 03:47 PM
Registered

Default This thread certainly isn't about, shoulda, coulda, woulda's,,,,

its about Kook and his friends recovery.

My post about doubling the power has been deleted. !!!

BUT !!!!, do you think Sunsation would sell an aggressor with 650 hp ??, to anyone ??, for any amount of money ??

Highly doubful,,,, I wonder why ???
Old 07-19-2002, 04:10 PM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Glad to hear your amigo is making progress. Keep up the faith.
Old 07-19-2002, 04:39 PM
kook

Default Re: This thread certainly isn't about, shoulda, coulda, woulda's,,,,

Originally posted by Chris232
its about Kook and his friends recovery.

My post about doubling the power has been deleted. !!!

BUT !!!!, do you think Sunsation would sell an aggressor with 650 hp ??, to anyone ??, for any amount of money ??

Highly doubful,,,, I wonder why ???
FYI - from Sunsation literature:
Attached Thumbnails Kook flipped boat?-aggressorspecs.jpg  

Old 07-19-2002, 05:18 PM
Registered

Hey Kook, It's good to hear that your buddy is moving. I will continue to pray.

Quick Reply: Kook flipped boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.