Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
eight thousand dollars to drill four quarter inch holes >

eight thousand dollars to drill four quarter inch holes

Notices

eight thousand dollars to drill four quarter inch holes

Old 12-12-2012, 02:28 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I checked out one at work that was used to moniter robot arm temps... Super cool technology, wish I had one for my house to see where all that money for heating was escaping!!! LOL
Old 12-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I hope you rented it. As an owner if I paid for the project and camera then it woiuld be MINE....

Wannabe
Old 12-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holes are cheap. It's the installation charge that can be pricey.......LOL
Old 12-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We use one when verifying that a railcar is empty or full. One glance at the screen and itll tell you exactly how much is left in the car without having to break any seals or dipping the tank. Very cool tech!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Registered

You should take a pic of a chicks vag when playing around haha would make cool pic i am sure.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

$2000 a hole? Atleast that is less than Spitzer payed for them!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
So i have a Cig Top Gun project that i am just turning loose and while i was finishing up some details i had to drill four quarter inch holes in the deck hatches. On the older Guns Cig laminates a block of aluminum in the corner of each hatch for the hinge pin and the actuator to bolt to. I had to cut these blocks out clean them and re glass them back in, problem is i saved the pin hole but through the lamination process i inadvertently lost track of the two threaded holes for the actuator bracket. Simple solution . . . . . get yourself a FLIR thermal imaging camera and walla problem solved . The camera was eight grand for the high res version and the owner DID say he was ok with any additional expenses lol

If you look at the thermal image real close you can see two faint round color shifts where the holes are at. During the process they are actually much more defined on the screen but this is the image that got saved. We started by warming the corner with a heat gun for a minute or so then cooled the surface with a wet cloth and then let the heat bleed back through. They showed right up and using the laser pointer on the FLIR we then marked them with a sharpie. Grabbed a drill with a drill stop collar and they were right on the money. There is zero margin for error as once the hatches are on there on for good

Fun toy . . . .
What do you think who we are! Nobody believes that silly story. We all know that you need that thing after the beer nr. x in order to find the next cooled six pack
somewhere in the hot boating scenery.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
Yea they weren't to keen on loan'in one out

Ya know what else it's good for. In a bar you can detect hardwood floors? Landing stripe? Thong? . . . Comando ? Lol
You can find out really quickly who's hot to trot