Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why are high performance boats so expensive! >

Why are high performance boats so expensive!

Notices

Why are high performance boats so expensive!

Old 12-27-2012, 11:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Who's Eddie? Oh yea, that guy you can call at 02:00 to leave a message and he answers the phone still at the shop, sleeps with a 7200 RPM soundtrack at full volume beside his bed and uses a Whipple Supercharge for a pillow..That Guy?
Now that's a committed man!! Lol...
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Who's Eddie? Oh yea, that guy you can call at 02:00 to leave a message and he answers the phone still at the shop, sleeps with a 7200 RPM soundtrack at full volume beside his bed and uses a Whipple Supercharge for a pillow..That Guy?
That's me brother.

You wouldn't call at 2 am unless you thought that I would still be there to answer. And on 99 out of 100 nights, you would be correct. What can I say.....I love what I do.
Thanks guys.
Eddie
Old 12-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
Decals.
I knew it!!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Believe me I understand what it costs as I have broken my share of marine high performance parts in the last 15 years or so and there are legitimate reasons why some "marine" parts are more expensive than their "non marine" counterparts but some things are just plain 'ol gouging! I just had my fridge go out on my Sea Ray and checked for a replacement from Norcold and it was around $1600. I checked around a little on the internet and very same thing can purchased in the RV version for about half. I called Norcold and asked the guy on the phone what was the difference and he stumbled around a few minutes and then finally told me that the model numbers were identical as were the units other than the "M" or the "R" at the end of the number....
Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
Believe me I understand what it costs as I have broken my share of marine high performance parts in the last 15 years or so and there are legitimate reasons why some "marine" parts are more expensive than their "non marine" counterparts but some things are just plain 'ol gouging! I just had my fridge go out on my Sea Ray and checked for a replacement from Norcold and it was around $1600. I checked around a little on the internet and very same thing can purchased in the RV version for about half. I called Norcold and asked the guy on the phone what was the difference and he stumbled around a few minutes and then finally told me that the model numbers were identical as were the units other than the "M" or the "R" at the end of the number....
That's crazy!! All because it's for a boat the cost is higher by half? That is out right wrong!!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey, you may be on to something. This price includes trailer and a merc engine

http://www.bayliner.com/page.aspx/pa...t.aspx#engines

Seriously, I know it is a bayliner, but I wouldn't expect the price to be that low
Old 01-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 4bus
Hey, you may be on to something. This price includes trailer and a merc engine

http://www.bayliner.com/page.aspx/pa...t.aspx#engines

Seriously, I know it is a bayliner, but I wouldn't expect the price to be that low
I knew they where out there...haha....nice boat at a great price!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
I knew they where out there...haha....nice boat at a great price!
Bayliner does one thing very well, they get people out on the water and in a boat who would otherwise probably never be able to afford one. That is where it all begins, most people don't start out buying a 100k rig to see if they like it. I am all for everyone having the opportunity to experience what we all love, hopefully they get a little instruction first though.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
Bayliner does one thing very well, they get people out on the water and in a boat who would otherwise probably never be able to afford one. That is where it all begins, most people don't start out buying a 100k rig to see if they like it. I am all for everyone having the opportunity to experience what we all love, hopefully they get a little instruction first though.
I fully agree, that little guy would fit the bill for a lot of people wanting to get into boating...wonder what the top speed would be in that....
Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Started this thread about these big hp boats being so expensive and why, came up with motors, drives, paint and bling factor, one offs etc! Now I've been looking at some center counsel fishing boats and couldn't believe some of the asking prices, I've seen them up to $250k!! Desnt seem to be anything to them, nothing like these big hp beast for that price, how is it these are so expensive????

Just curious as always!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.