Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New nor tech needs a new lift. Try for help again?? >

New nor tech needs a new lift. Try for help again??

Notices

New nor tech needs a new lift. Try for help again??

Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 813 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by commandersander
Not the best solution when u have a 12'-15' tide swing, but then again, we aren't talking about the Baltic either....

IMM Quality Boat Lifts

They own the most patents in the industry. Engineering is unparalleled. I have intimate knowledge of the biz, and I refuse to allow my customers to choose another. Non negotiable.

The owner is Mike Nanda. His number is 239-454-7020.

Tell him Rich from the cape sent you....and be honest about your inquiries so far, concerns, expectations....

You can easily get into a 16k all aluminum lift with wireless remotes and top- bottom auto stop with aluminum bunks, guide poles and rubber skids on the bunks (not wood with carpet) for under 10k.

As far as the under-muck....rent a 3" trash pump and fashion a nozzle out of PVC from depot reducing from 3" to 2".....about 4-5' long....

Blow that crap outta there.....
On Rich's suggestion I am using IMM for 2 elevator lifts (one for me and one for my father). Been working with Mike and he's been good to work with. I should have the lift in my hands sometime next week if you'd like pictures. Feel free to PM me if you would like some.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not the best solution when u have a 12'-15' tide swing, but then again, we aren't talking about the Baltic either....

IMM Quality Boat Lifts

They own the most patents in the industry. Engineering is unparalleled. I have intimate knowledge of the biz, and I refuse to allow my customers to choose another. Non negotiable.

The owner is Mike Nanda. His number is 239-454-7020.

Tell him Rich from the cape sent you....and be honest about your inquiries so far, concerns, expectations....

You can easily get into a 16k all aluminum lift with wireless remotes and top- bottom auto stop with aluminum bunks, guide poles and rubber skids on the bunks (not wood with carpet) for under 10k.

As far as the under-muck....rent a 3" trash pump and fashion a nozzle out of PVC from depot reducing from 3" to 2".....about 4-5' long....

Blow that crap outta there.....
Thanks Rich,
I put a call into Mike this morning! Waiting on a return phone call! THis thread has been helpful. I think I am getting close with a choice.

With my situation I need a hydralic lift that sits on the bottom. I have gotten a few prices in the 16-18k lbs lifts that are basicilly 16-20k plus install.

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:32 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got a Sunstream Cantilever lift in very shallow water for my ski boat. Suprisingly it has a stepped hull and it works fine. I think a custom would be the best but the cushion pad that the Sunstream has works very well. It has a built on canopy that is very high quality. The whole thing is very well engineered.
As to the black muck, check out my own design Port o dredge. You don't want a typical trash pump as the vanes in the centrifugals are easily clogged by leaves, weeds, etc... The pump is a 3in. Honda diaphram trash pump which is amazing, it will pass 2inch solids and pump thick muck 75 ft. easily. It is no fun to operate but it's worth it. You can pump the stuff into a trailer and haul it off. You could connect 2 in series if you want more power. I made the little barge with wheels on it so I can pull it out easily. The muck will migrate back in but I look at it as an annual job.
Attached Thumbnails New nor tech needs a new lift. Try for help again??-mudpumpinwater.jpg  

Last edited by SkiDoc; 03-08-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Registered
VIP Member

What type of performance increase have you realized with the tongue out method?

For me, the gains are amazing!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Registered

What type of performance increase have you realized with the tongue out method?

For me, the gains are amazing!
Wtf? Fill me in!