Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Arneson and Chief Powerboats, Bobby Saccenti, team up to build a 42’ Chief Powerboat. >

Arneson and Chief Powerboats, Bobby Saccenti, team up to build a 42’ Chief Powerboat.

Notices

Arneson and Chief Powerboats, Bobby Saccenti, team up to build a 42’ Chief Powerboat.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hallj
Every day would be a bad if you're stupid!

Jeff
There's always gotta be one hatter in the crowd. All he can take away from this boat that is out performing everyone one of these hulls made to date with less power is a propeller enema from a drive off the back of the boat. Guess they could install some of our propeller guards if this was such an issue.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Faster, less weight, more dependable and I understand there is quite a price advantage too. Rik?
Old 03-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Registered

I cant wait to see this set up. Ill be in the UK for the month of june so I cant wait to see all the hardware their. This will be my first stop in the pits. Good luck to the crew and thanks to Bobby for putting out another master piece!!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by Roger 1
Faster, less weight, more dependable and I understand there is quite a price advantage too. Rik?
The boat, when tested, was not that light as the boat was built to handle the job ahead. 9500 lbs and the sea trail had three guys @200+ lbs each and 200 gallons of fuel. So it ran above target at 11,400-500 lbs. The best is yet to come in a few weeks when they run it again. They have to wire in a resistor for the tachs and then we will know how much larger in pitch they can go.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
The boat, when tested, was not that light as the boat was built to handle the job ahead. 9500 lbs and the sea trail had three guys @200+ lbs each and 200 gallons of fuel. So it ran above target at 11,400-500 lbs. ...
For an endurance boat, that is still awfully light.

By the time the race comes, with all the safety/survival gear they have to carry, and gas for the 1st 200nm leg, they'll be 15-16000#.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by goatskin
For an endurance boat, that is still awfully light.

By the time the race comes, with all the safety/survival gear they have to carry, and gas for the 1st 200nm leg, they'll be 15-16000#.
Absolutely, they will have to add a lot of items to the boat before it's ready for an endurance run. I was just commenting that the dry weight and the testing weight are in line with what one would expect for a boat this size.

Could it be built lighter, absolutely. Would you build one for this purpose lighter, no.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

42ft, 9500lbs, twin stepped, rigged with some of the best.
Sounds like a winner to me.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
The boat, when tested, was not that light as the boat was built to handle the job ahead. 9500 lbs and the sea trail had three guys @200+ lbs each and 200 gallons of fuel. So it ran above target at 11,400-500 lbs. The best is yet to come in a few weeks when they run it again. They have to wire in a resistor for the tachs and then we will know how much larger in pitch they can go.
Rik,

I was refering to the arnenson drive packages as opposed to the weight and price of the #6's.

Roger
Old 03-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by Roger 1
Rik,

I was refering to the arnenson drive packages as opposed to the weight and price of the #6's.

Roger
Opps. Yes. The Arnesons combines weigh what one MK#6 weighs.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great looking boat, It's going to be fun to hear and see it running. Hopefully, there will be lots of video of the testing and racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.