Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What's Higher Maintenance, Your Woman or your Boat? >

What's Higher Maintenance, Your Woman or your Boat?

Notices

What's Higher Maintenance, Your Woman or your Boat?

Old 03-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's Higher Maintenance, Your Woman or your Boat?

I don't think anyone would argue that owning a high performance boat can be a lot of work, and I was thinking today that it really is similar to dating a model. It's a great feeling on a beautiful Sunday when you are pulling through the harbor on your boat, the sun is shining off the freshly waxed deck, all the metal is polished, the vinyl is glowing and the engines sound mean as you rumble along. Everybody on the docks looks and points, and most of the people on other boats, even million $$$ plus cruisers, smile and wave with a hint of jealously. Yet very few people actually know what it takes to keep a big performance boat looking this good.

It's the same scenario when you show up to a party with your model girlfriend. When you walk in the door with her all the heads turn because her hair and makeup are perfect and her dress is tight and she is just tan enough and showing just the right amount of toned leg and you see most of the other guys staring at her big t*ts just wishing they were you. But again, are any of these guys prepared to do what it takes to date a girl like this? They don't know that the reason you showed up to the party late isn't because you wanted to make an entrance, it's because she was supposed to be ready to leave the house at 7 but you had to sit around waiting for her till 9:15. In fact, if you ever stop to think about it you realize that dating a model is a huge pain in the ass because she spends all your money and demands tons of attention and takes up way more of your time than she deserves and only works when she wants to work (rarely) and has no interest in doing anything around the house. Also, sometimes you just don't feel like going to a club at 1am on a Tuesday and spending $600 on a $27 bottle of Vodka, but that is what you need to do to keep your model happy. Just like I don't always feel like spending a beautiful Saturday afternoon detailing the motors on my boat or scrubbing my cockpit interior, but that is what you need to do to keep a performance boat looking good. The way you usually need to throw money around to get the attention of a model reminds me of throwing money at your boat mechanic in April with the hopes that you will actually be boating by July. Sometimes you wait all week to go boating only to have a water pump quit on Sunday morning and you can't locate a replacement till Monday. That reminds me of coming home after a long sh*tty day at work and just wanting to have a good meal and bang your model girlfriend, yet when you get home the lights are off and the dog isn't fed and the house is a f*cking mess and you discover that she replaced the extra money in your sock drawer with a note that says "thanks, went out with Julie" and when you open the oven to find out what she left you for dinner all you find is DUST.

So, what do you do? You think about your friend Bobby who is dating that chubby chick, and you start to think that maybe Bobby is the smart one because there are no bags under Bobby's eyes and his pockets are full of money and he eats good every night and he doesn't even have to pick up a dish around the house. You start to think "am I crazy?" I've also thought that way when I'm at the marina fuel dock putting $1200 in the tank, paranoid that the fixed dock is going to scratch my paint and I can barely hold the fuel hose because I spent my whole day yesterday adding a 4th coat of wax to my deck. Suddenly I watch a guy pull out in a 22 foot bowrider that hasn't been washed all summer and that guy is smiling ear to ear and he doesn't seem to be worried about a damn thing.

So I ask you, what is higher maintenance, your boat or your woman? And in either case is it worth it? I say YES.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

if I compare the amount of maintenance vs the actual time I get to ride on each one.........my answer is woman.....are they both worth it....Absolutely
Old 03-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol good comparison! If its low maintenance I dont take a 2nd look

Last edited by Pokher Ace; 03-18-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not all hot women are high maintenance . chubby chics just don't cut it .so ill have bags under my eyes.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,993 Likes on 995 Posts

Thankfully, mine are both pretty low maintenance, but have their pain in the a$$ moments too
Old 03-19-2013, 04:33 AM
Registered

Received 1,982 Likes on 785 Posts

Have had both and much prefer the better half to be the one thats low maintenance.

Remember the picture of the gorgeous nude woman w/the caption under it that says, "NO MATTER HOW HOT SHE IS, THERE'S A GUY SOMEWHERE THATS STILL SICK OF HER ****".
Old 03-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Boat is way more maintenance than wife. Good wife here.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

Even without our high performance boat yet.... it's women hands down.

If I was single I would have been on my 2nd or 3rd boat by this time lol.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 73 Posts

The boat for sure is higher maintenance. I couldn't ask for a better wife.

Last edited by Plowtownmissile; 03-19-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 235 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm a lucky guy...I have a ridiculously beautiful fiance that is simple, independent, has a good career and loves boating! Still trying to figure out what she sees in my goofy a$$..lol. my boating habit is way more high maintenance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.