Attached Thumbnails Pet Peeve's while on your boat?-dsc00357.jpg  
Old 04-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 824 Likes on 384 Posts

Only have 2:

RAP MUSIC

Too Tight of Schedules.

Other than that - I don't really care. I realize that people aren't going to bring anything and I am fine with that, and I realize that things are going to get broken/stained, ruined - it can all be repaired. Most of my friends I have known for decades so I am sure somewhere along the way we are even.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:27 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 160 Likes on 68 Posts

poeple who tell me what to do while on my boat! ( not talking about helping out docking or watcing for stuff in the water)

poeple who bring nothing

i dont ask for gas money but a offer would be nice

"get me back a 4:00" sorry your going to be late

the best one i have had was a young lady. i asked her for a beer out of the ice chest while she was in the cabin. she comes back with 2 one for her and one for me. i like the alum bottles so i grabbed that one and it was the last one. she then b*tches me out for taking her beer and it being the last alum bottle. i payed for all the beer gas boat camp etc. so after 10 min of being b*tched at i kicked her off in the middel on the lake to another boat!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 763 Likes on 412 Posts

People that try to help but end up grabbing and pulling on something that shouldn't be pulled on (i.e. windshield frame, bimini top poles, Superman's cape, etc.).

Hotties that flash every time I am looking the other way. One day on the river, barge captains - 2, me - 0!!!! What the deuce!!

People that say, "I'll get the anchor", and then proceed to grind the chain up the rubrail and the bounce the Fortress off the hull side a couple times.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Hotties that flash every time I am looking the other way. One day on the river, barge captains - 2, me - 0!!!! What the deuce!!
Pay attention!

*NWS* http://traviscrossett.com/3.jpg
Old 04-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

People that are late to the launch ramp or dock. I've been burned too many times, and I'm too nice a guy to leave them.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Just remembered one from my single days: brought a girl out on the boat, in the summer, and she doesn't wear or bring a bathing suit. Didn't have a potty on that particular boat so it was a jump in to pee kind of day. She was furious with me for not telling her to wear a swimsuit ON A BOAT and we had to go home early to let her pee!!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
Mine is actually a little of the opposite: when people bring too much "stuff". I have some friends & family who bring enormous beach bags, multiple coolers, back packs, etc. Everything but the kitchen sink! I look at them like "where the heck am I supposed to put all this crap?!?!"
.....this is so true on my boat.....sometimes its my own family!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
I think its a pet peeve to not clue your friends into proper etiquete. To complain about them not offering to chip in is BS. If you want them to bring stuff or gas money just tell them. What? Your being nice by not saying anything (I never ask) but coming on here and talking about your friends behind their back? Thats stupid.

Maybe the reason they cant chip in to go on your boat is the same reasoin they dont have a boat. THey cant afford it. Dont get me wrong Im sure your friends can afford a case of beer but maybe not $200 in gas money for the day.
Agreed! Lay down the rules and what you want. Complaining about you're friends behind their back is stupid. I regularly ride on my buddies boat and I never bring anything unless asked. Otherwise I see myself as a "for hire experienced deckhand!"
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Registered

Default One word

....sailboats...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.